SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, March 16, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: ffbookmarks.com

 
GOLF QUOTES

President Gerald Ford:  "I know I'm getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators."


Will Rogers:  "Income Tax has made more liars out of the American people than Golf."

Tommy Bolt:  "Putting allows the touchy golfer two to four opportunities to blow a gasket in the short space of two to forty feet."

Julius Boros:  "Retire to what? I'm a golfer and a fisherman. I've got no place to retire to."

Jimmy Demaret:  "Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at."

P.J. O'Rourke:  "Golf combines two favorite American pastimes:  taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."

Lee Trevino:  "If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron.  Not even God can hit a 1-iron."

Arnold Palmer:  "What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive."

Pete Dye:  "The ardent golfer would play Mount Everest if somebody put a flagstick on top."

Phyllis Diller:  "The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing."

Unknown:  "Fifty years ago, 100 white men chasing one black man across a field was called the Ku Klux Klan.  Today it's called the PGA Tour."

Renton Laidlaw:  "He certainly didn't appear as cool as he looked."

Samuel Johnson:  "A game in which you claim the privileges of age, and retain the playthings of childhood."

Henry Longhurst:  "They say "practice" makes perfect " Of course, it doesn't. For the vast majority of golfers it merely consolidates imperfection."

Peter Jacobsen:  "One of the most fascinating things about golf is how it reflects the cycle of life.  No matter what you shoot - the next day you have to go back to the first tee and begin all over again and make yourself into something."

Horace G. Hutchinson:  "If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is."

Will Rogers:  "I guess there is nothing that will get your mind off everything like golf.  I have never been depressed enough to take up the game, but they say you get so sore at yourself you forget to hate your enemies."

"Silk Stockings" TV Show:  "The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music."

Val Doonican:  "Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her."

Unknown:  "Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic.

Abba Eban:  "Playing the game I have learned the meaning of humility.  It has given me an understanding of futility of the human effort."

Peter Aliss:  "He used to be fairly indecisive, but now he's not so certain."

Phil Blackmar:  "Golf isn't like other sports where you can take a player out if he's having a bad day.  You have to play the whole game."

Gerald Ford:  "I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose."

Jim Bishop:  "Golf is played by twenty million mature American men whose wives think they are out having fun."

Harry Toscano:  "I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them."


 

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com

No comments: