SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, May 26, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: the sportingnews.com


NFL FOOTBALL QUOTES
Sporting News, The, Dec 23, 2005
Earlier this season, we asked wide receivers which defensive back was the biggest trash-talker. Vikings cornerback Fred Smoot was the runaway choice, receiving 25 of the 47 votes. No other DB had more than four.

"He talks from the opening kickoff until the final gun," an AFC wideout says. "Even in warmups, he's talking. He picks his battles, but he knows who to talk trash with. He can wear you down just with his mouth."

But Smoot doesn't talk aimlessly--he has a plan. In fact, he provided a first-person primer on the sweet science of verbal warfare.

DO'S

1. Always study your opponent. Find out their weaknesses and their strengths. Then you need to find out some dirt. And when I say dirt, it's dirt.

The NFL is like a big fraternity. I might be here (in Minnesota), but Ellis Wyms, we went to college together, and now he's playing for Tampa Bay. Me and Dwight Smith, we went to the awards banquet in college together; now he plays for the Saints. So I can call these guys up when I want to know something about Joe Horn or Michael Clayton. All defensive players are on each other's side.

2. Work on delivery. Watch a lot of BET's Comic View and a lot of Dave Chappelle. You've got to have a delivery, and it's got to be natural. If that's not your personality, you can't trash-talk.
I've always been a talker. When I was real young, playing pee-wee ball, that's the way I used to get comfortable in the game. I haven't worn a mouthpiece since I was in junior high school because I couldn't talk with it in.

3. Press the advantage. I can tell by small things that I've gotten inside a guy's head. That's when I start really spitting in your face, so you might need a towel to wipe it. Now I start to go to your sideline and tell your coaches, "You better put somebody else in the game--I've got him."

DON'TS

1. Avoid making it too personal. Don't do anything that ever truly hits home. Something that's true to the heart ... you don't go there. You don't want to be a heathen. It's all in fun, you know, love and war.

2. Silence is not an option. If you give up a play, you can not stop talking trash. You can't let him shut you up because he made one play on you. It's going to happen. II you're going to be a talker, you must be a talker at all times.

3. Stop the noise--if you suck. You've got to be able to go out there and handle your business. If you cannot play the game, you cannot really talk. There's nothing for you to talk about, actually.
.
.
Image (Fred Smoot): media.scout.com

No comments: