SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: freep.com

SPORTS QUOTES
2007'S OVERHEARD: The best quotes of the year

• "The only thing I'm doing is preparing to play ... Middle Tennessee State. ... Don't ask it, I've got nothing to say. I am so happy right where I'm at. I need to work harder with this team. That's my focus and it will not change." -- LSU coach Les Miles, when he was asked about the Michigan job in mid-September. Guess we should have listened to him.

• "The first thing I thought of was how everybody was always saying how I was crazy about some of the things I said. Take a look at me, now. Don't look too crazy now, do I?" - Rasheed Wallace, on the NBA ref busted for gambling.

• "I was just laughing. I thought it was funny. They got excited. It's good. Sometimes you get your little brother excited when you're playing basketball and let him get the lead, then you just come back and take it back." -- U-M's Mike Hart, after Michigan's 28-24 comeback victory over Michigan State.

• "Michigan is a good school and I got a good education there, but the athletic department has ways to get borderline guys in and, when they're in, they steer them to courses in sports communications. They're adulated when they're playing, but when they get out, the people who adulated them won't hire them." - Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, on U-M's academic requirements for student-athletes.

• "It sounds like a drug emporium there with drugs all around. ... This is a family in crisis." - Montgomery County (Pa.) Judge Steven T. O'Neill, at the sentencing of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's two sons.

• "Next to striking out Inge, that's the happiest I've been in this uniform." - Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, comparing Rick Ankiel's homer in his debut as an outfielder to the 2006 World Series win over the Tigers.

• "If it doesn't happen, who cares? There's always next year. It's not the end of the world." - Manny (Being Manny) Ramirez, when the Red Sox were down, 3-1, to Cleveland in the ALCS.

• "Come after me. I'm a man. I'm 40. I'm not a kid. ... That article had to have been written by a person that doesn't have a child." -- Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy, defending a player against a critical newspaper column. And Gundy's tirade plays much better on YouTube.

• "I heard that I made a transfusion with my father's blood. That's absurd. I can tell you that with his blood, I would have tested positive for vodka." - Alexandre Vinokourov of Kazakhstan, one of the Tour de France riders sent home because of doping suspicions.

• "You mean that little midget man who absolutely knows (very little) about baseball, who never played the game before?" - Barry Bonds, asked about criticism of him on Bob Costas' HBO show.

• "I bet on my team every night." - Pete Rose, remembering his days as the Cincinnati Reds manager on ESPN Radio.

• "I would never let a white boy beat me. You can print that. I would never lose to a white person." - Bernard Hopkins, who will fight British super-middleweight Joe Calzaghe this year.

• "Even I've never heard of me!" - Masters champ Zach Johnson, delivering the Top 10 list on David Letterman.

• "I will never be in the Hall of Fame. Never. ... I won't go. I won't be part of it, I won't be there, you can call me, but I won't be there." - Barry Bonds, interviewed on MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," on what he would do if the Baseball Hall of Fame accepts his record 756th home run ball marked with an asterisk.

• "For him to turn his back on us at this point in the year ... when things are probably the toughest, it's cowardly. To duck out the back door at night and then leave us a letter, that's not what a man does." - Falcons quarterback Joey Harrington, on the departure of coach Bobby Petrino's resignation






Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: