SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, January 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: myopera.com

Funny Commentators Quotes

_

He's 31 this year: last year he was 30.
- David Coleman

The ageless Dennis Wise, now in his thirties.
- Martin Tyler

The Italians are hoping for an Italian victory.
- David Coleman

Peru score their third, and It's 3-1 to Scotland.
- David Coleman

If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.
- David Coleman

Ian Rush is deadly 10 times out of 10, but that wasn't one of them.
- Peter Jones

Neil Sullivan has stopped absolutely everything have thrown at him...Wimbledon 1, Manchester United 1.
- Mike Ingham

Emile Zola has scored again for Chelsea.
- Radio 5 live

This will be their 19th consecutive game without a win unless they can get an equaliser.
- Alan Green

Martin O'Neill, standing, hands on hips, stroking his chin.
- Mike Ingham

Such a positive move by Uruguay - bringing 2 players off and putting 2 players on.
- John Helm

It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the scoreline on Saturday.

- Radio 5 live

The Uruguayans are losing no time in making a meal around the referee.
- Mike Ingham

Poland nil, England nil, though England are now looking the better value for their nil.
- Barry Davies

West Germany's Briegel hasn't been able to get past anyone yet - that's his trademark.
- John Helm

You don't score 64 goals in 86 games without being able to score goals.
- Alan Green

It's headed away by John Clark, using his head.
- Derek Rae

Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve.
- John Greig

And with just 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0.
- Ian Darke

The USA are a goal down, and if they don't get a goal they'll lose.
- John Helm

I predicted in August that Celtic would reach the final. On the eve of that final I stand by that prediction.
- Archie MacPherson

McCarthy shakes his head in agreement with the referee.
- Martin Tyler

It was the game that put the Everton ship back on the road.
- Alan Green

Lukic saved with his foot, which is all part of the goalkeeper's arm.
- Barry Davies

Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer.
- David Acfield

Sporting Lisbon in their green and white hoops, looking like a team of zebras.
- Peter Jones

Forest have now lost six matches without winning.
- David Coleman

 



No comments: