SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: soundoflife.net

QUOTES BY AND ABOUT BOBBY FISHER:

The Famous American Chess Grand Master Bobby Fischer is dead. A small eulogy:
"Chess," Bobby Fischer once said, "is life." It was the chess master's tragedy that the messy, tawdry details of his life often overshadowed the sublime genius of his game. Fischer, who has died at the age of 64, was a child prodigy, a teenage grandmaster and — before age 30 — a world champion who triumphed in a Cold War showdown with Soviet champion Boris Spassky.[more]

On his death, I would like to present some of Bobby Fischer Quotes. Some of the quotes are by Bobby Fischer and some quotes are about bobby Fischer.

The most famous being "Chess is life." by Bobby Fischer

"Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponent's mind." - Bobby Fischer

"Yeah, there are too many Jews in chess. They seem to have taken away the class of the game. They don't seem to dress so nicely, you know. That's what I don't like. "~ Bobby Fischer

"Chess demands total concentration and a love for the game."~ Bobby Fischer

"I don't believe in psychology. I believe in good moves."~ Bobby Fischer

"People have been playing against me below their strength for fifteen years. "~ Bobby Fischer

"All I want to do, ever, is just play chess." ~ Bobby Fischer

"I am the best player in the world and I am here to prove it." ~ Bobby Fischer

"You know, I can beat all those guys."~ Bobby Fischer

"All that matters on the chessboard is good moves." ~ Bobby Fischer

"It's just you and your opponent at the board and you're trying to prove something. "~ Bobby Fischer

"It's just a matter of throwing in a few sacrifices, then checkmate! "~ Bobby Fischer

"There's no one alive I can't beat."~ Bobby Fischer

"Let's play. I'm willing to play anywhere." ~ Bobby Fischer

Quotes About Bobby Fischer:

"I regard Bobby Fischer as a mythological combination of sorts, a centaur if you will, a synthesis between man and chess." - Garry Kasparov

"You know you're going to lose. Even when I was ahead I knew I was going to lose." - Andrew Soltis

"When I played Bobby Fischer, my opponent fought against organizations - the television producers and the match organizers. But he never fought against me personally. I lost to Bobby before the match because he was already stronger than I. He won normally." - Boris Spassky

"Geniuses like Beethoven, Leonardo da Vinci, Shakespeare, and Fischer come out of the head of Zeus, seem to be genetically programmed, know before instructed." - John Collin

"The Unknown remains, probably forever inexplicable, regardless of how many yellowed game scores, cracked newspaper clippings, and curled and faded old photos are uncovered. My appreciation, even awe at his chess talent aside, the nicest thing I can say about Bobby Fischer is that he's a genuine enigma." - Paul Kollar





Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: