SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: geocities.com

  • NASCAR QUOTES
  • "God created bumpers and… bumpers were made for bumping!"
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you have feathers on your legs or butt."
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "Anything but first sucks!"
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "Didn't mean to spin him out, I just meant to rattle his cage."
    Dale Earnhardt regarding the Terry Labonte spin

  • "I taught you everything you know but I didn't teach you everything I know."
    Dale Earnhardt to Dale Jr.

  • "I'll apologize to them after they get me to the front!"
    1999--Earnhardt back to pit when warned he was hurting his tires and told to save them during an early race charge.

  • "I got in the ambulance and looked back over there and I said 'Man, the wheels ain't knocked off that car yet ... Get out. I gotta go'."
    Dale Earnhardt, 1997

  • "What makes the Monte Carlo so good? ME!"
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "Second place is just the first loser."
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "We should have tuned on the bumpers or the rubbers or the springs or something a little more. It sure wasn't a good ride."
    Dale Earnhardt after his qualifying run for the Pepsi 400

  • "There is only one lap you want to lead, and that's the last lap."
    Ralph Earnhardt's advice to Dale.

  • "I just couldn't wait till I got that big grab on the neck, that big hug. I just knew any minute Dale was going to join me in Victory Lane, and say, 'That's what I'm talking about, right there.' That wasn't to be. My belief is in a twinkle of an eye...you're in the presence of the Lord. And that's where I think Dale is."
    Michael Waltrip after the Daytona 500 that gave him his first win and took his boss and friend's life.

  • "Making 31 appearances at Hooters wasn't exactly what I wanted to do."
    Dale Jarrett on almost signing a Hooters sponsorship earlier in his career.

  • "It is just incredible to think that we're the best race team for a year. It's almost hard to put into words what I feel for these guys, how much I love them, and what a job that they've done week in and week out."
    Dale Jarrett, after winning the 1999 championship.

  • "My racing career has been a struggle because I never had any money, so it has been one slow step at a time,but I'm a believer that things are brought to you when you're ready for them. It's just taken me a long time to be ready for this."
    Dale Jarrett

  • [When asked what his greatest accomplishments are] "Marrying Teresa. The seven (Winston Cup) championships. Winning the Daytona 500. And seeing Dale Jr. win his first race."
    Dale Earnhardt

  • "If you look at the record books, Dale Earnhardt's done everything, except win the Daytona 500. Now they can't have that riding over him. Now they're just going to say, 'Dale Earnhardt, 1998 Daytona 500 winner,' and his shoulders are going to get lighter every time."
    Ernie Irvan

  • "I don't even give a thought to when I may give this up. I still think that I can win races. I have too much fun doing this."
    Dale Jarrett

  • "To be honest, more than likely it will take four or five guys to fill the shoes of Dale Earnhardt, if you ever can. He was our hero. But we've got this big fan base that Dale drew for us, and we've got to find a way to keep them interested in NASCAR racing."
    Dale Jarrett

  • "We've always raced each other hard. As everybody knows, Earnhardt's a tough competitor. Even when we're racing go-karts at the NASCAR SpeedPark, he's a tough guy to beat.
    Dale Jarrett
  •  



    No comments: