SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, February 3, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: alltelcaddie.com

Golf Quotes of the Week - 11/19/2007

By GOLFCHANNEL.com Team

"It's a shame they didn't think of this before. They wouldn't have had to go through the headache of getting it right." -- U.S. captain Paul Azinger, stating his approval of the PGA TOUR's decision to give players a week off before the Ryder Cup by putting the TOUR Championship after the biennial competition.

"The best shot of my career. Five years, that was the best one. All of you saw that." -- Lorena Ochoa, talking to the crowd after winning the ADT Championship thanks to a clutch approach shot out of the rough on 18 to 3 feet.

"Thank you to the LPGA for making this a dream come true for me." -- Ochoa again, expressing her gratitude for being able to host her own LPGA event in her native Mexico in 2008.

"My wife told me, she says, there's three kind of people that go to museums. There's streakers, and that's the people that just go right on through and they're out of there in a half hour; and then there's strollers, and they go through and spend a couple hours; and there's scholars, and they spend all day there. I'm a streaker. I go through and I'm out. I've had enough of that." -- Jack Nicklaus, who was honored with a special exhibit dedicated to his career in the World Golf Hall of Fame.

Christina Kim
(Getty Image)
"I'll probably tell you in January when I'm like 6'2" with blonde hair and a size 4. You'll figure out how I spent the million dollars." -- Christina Kim, when asked how she would spend the $1 million if she won the ADT Championship.

"I'll get over it. I'll be back." -- Annika Sorenstam, after failing to advance to the weekend at the ADT, thus assuring her first winless season on the LPGA Tour since her rookie year of 1994.

"To be honest, he won seven times - a major, too. Me, too, so we are the same." -- Ochoa, in comparing her 2007 season to that of Tiger Woods. That was before she won No. 8 at the ADT.

"Do I look bothered?" -- European Ryder Cup captain Nick Faldo, when asked if he was upset about former captain Bernhard Gallacher's assertion that Faldo wasn't a team player.

"My hope is that we don't have any positive tests." -- LPGA commissioner Carolyn Bivens, after announcing the tour's drug policy for 2008.

"The invite came right out of the blue and it was fantastic to get it." -- Rory McIlroy, the 18-year-old Irishman who said he was extended an invitation to Tiger Woods' Target World Challenge, but declined.

"We did not extend any formal invitation to Rory. It must have been a miscommunication." -- Greg McLaughlin, Target World Challenge tournament director.

"That's an absurd amount and especially when you consider how the U.S. dollar is tumbling." -- Ernie Els, commenting on the proposed $8 million purse for a 2009 European Tour event in Dubai.



No comments: