SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, March 1, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: 10ktruth.com

Baseball Quotes

In August 1948, Ruth died of throat cancer and lay in state at Yankee Stadium, the baseball cathedral built on the fruits of his work. Ruth's funeral took place on a day of such heat that pallbearer and former teammate Joe Dugan said, "I'd give a hundred dollars for a beer." The old pitcher Waite Hoyt replied in Ruth's spirit: "So would the Babe."
- Sent in by Mark Maxon

"I keep my eys clear and I hit 'em where they ain't."
Willie Keeler's famous explanation for his .432 average in 1897.

"There are a lot more important things in life than baseball. I just haven't found out what they are yet"
Marty Schupak, creator of "The 59 minute Baseball Practice" video

"Third time's a charm is a lot better than three strikes you're out."
Manciata

"Slumps are like a soft bed. They're easy to get into and hard to get out of."
Johnny Bench

"I think about the cosmic snowball theory. A few million years from now the sun will burn out and lose its gravitational pull. The earth will turn into a giant snowball and be hurled through space. When that happens it won't matter if I get this guy out."
Bill Lee

"Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."
Satchel Paige (1906-1982)

"'This is America,' my father used to say to me, 'and in this country, a smart young fellow like you can grow up and do just about anything.' My dad, no doubt, was thinking doctor, lawyer, teacher, scientist or businessman. I was thinking second baseman, New York Yankees."
Senator Joe Lieberman

"Moments of silence, full crowds standing for "God Bless America" in the seventh inning, cheers for firefighters -- all winding down to Barry Bonds trying to hit home runs and a cast of fools in the inlet giddily trying to catch them."
Chuck Culpepper, The Oregonian Sports Columnist,
"Cruelest month ends in a day by the Bay" - 10/01/01


_____________________________________________________________
Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com

No comments: