SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: topfive.com

 
 
The Top 14 Dennis Miller Monday Night Football Quotes

    1. "Of *course* he needs to renegotiate his salary -- the guy buys more snow than Seward did when he bought Alaska from the Russians."

    2. "I haven't seen anyone rely on the ground game this much since the battle of Verdun."

    3. "The quarterback's spending so much time behind the center that he may jeopardize his right to lead a Boy Scout troop."

    4. "I've seen women pee standing up with better aim."

    5. "Somebody call Janet Reno -- I think I just saw Donato dragging Doug Flutie into a locker room closet!"

    6. "That field goal attempt was so far to the left it nearly decapitated Lyndon LaRouche."

    7. "I haven't seen someone so overmatched since Mike Tyson tried to recite the alphabet."

    8. "Hey, Cunningham -- Andy Warhol called. You're at 14:55 and we're tickin' big-time here, Chachi."

    9. "He lasted about as long as the dessert tray at Rosie O'Donnell's house."

    10. "Hey Deion, Bubbelah -- maybe you'd better pay a little less attention to those unfairly Draconian salary caps that only allowed you to acquire four of the five remaining 1932 Aston Martins still in road-worthy condition after you'd paid for life's little necessities like hookers and weed, get your medulla oblongata out of your duodenum for a few milliseconds, and make a tackle or two, okay, Babe?"

    11. "When the hell is Warren Moon going to retire? I mean, this guy is older than the cuneiform in Nebuchadnezzar's tomb."

    12. "That punt was higher than Marion Berry on a fact-finding tour of Cartagena."

    13. "Nervous? He's tighter than Pat Buchanan's sphincter muscle at a 4th of July soiree on Fire Island."

      and the Number 1 Dennis Miller Monday Night Football Quote...

    14. "Warner had more hands in his face than an OB-GYN delivering Vishnu's triplets!"







It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.

No comments: