SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: xehra.com


NHL COMMENTATOR QUOTES  (2001 - 2002)
 

Colour Analyst: He stops pucks like it's his job!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Isn't it?

Colour Analyst: Good point!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Bertuzzi gets called for Interference. They'll be short one player.

Colour Analyst: Why go after that guy? He might as well have hauled down a fan!

 

Colour Analyst: That's one way to open up the scoring!

Play-by-Play Announcer: You would've prefered something else?

Colour Analyst: No, that one was just fine.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: HE SCORES! Wow Don, that was really incredible! Colour Analyst: Well, then don't eat it.

 Play-by-Play Announcer: I said incredible!

 

Colour Analyst: Shouldn't the goalie maybe have had that one?

 Play-by-Play Announcer: Pretty much.

Colour Analyst: I see.

Play-by-Play Announcer: I know you would.

Colour Analyst: Hmm.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Vancouver is laying all kinds of hardship on them now. Colour Analyst: I haven't seen this kind of schelackin' since my pankake incident!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Vancouver is dominating this game!

Colour Analyst: Guess which team is the good one?

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: The Oilers are making a change in the net, Don!

 Colour Analyst: Cool! The new guy has a better mask!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Holden scores!

Colour Analyst: He put it upstairs, where El Presidente keeps the election results! No need for anyone else to see them, I trust them!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Me too.

 

Colour Analyst: I wouldn't say that was a bad goal, Jim. More like "atrocious".

 

Colour Analyst: He got a little too excited there, although I'm sure he meant well.

 

Colour Analyst: I'm no doctor, but I think he may have an overactive hit! (crowd boos) Alright, alright... I'm sorry!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: The Canucks have truly embarassed them now, Don! Colour Analyst: This game is more one-sided than my conversations!

Play-by-Play Announcer: I can't believe you admitted to that...

Colour Analyst: Sorry? I wasn't paying attention.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Bertuzzi scores!

Colour Analyst: I can't wait to see that one on replay!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Are replays even on right now?

Colour Analyst: I don't know, let's wait and see.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Holden scores!

Colour Analyst: Evidently, the goalie decided to sleep in today.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Here we go, folks! It's scrap-time!

Colour Analyst: Oh well, at least they're not swearing or spitting.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: It looks like these two guys will be taking a mandatory rest for fighting!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Holden shoulders Horcoff.

Colour Analyst: I thought he was going in for the high-five Jim, but in retro-spect I guess that wouldn't really have made a lot of sense!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Carter is whipped up about something, and now these two are going to go!

Colour Analyst: They're going back and forth...

Play-by-Play Announcer: ... and forth and back...

Colour Analyst: ... and back again!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Five minute Fighting majors have been handed out!

Colour Analyst: There's a valuable lesson to be learned here, Jim!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Don't get in fights?

Colour Analyst: No, don't make fun of his Backstreet Boys lunchbox!

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Horcoff gets checked.

Colour Analyst: Oh, they felt that hit in the Rafters! Which bakes the question, "Why are there people in the Rafters?"

 

Colour Analyst: Well, they say good things come in threes!

Play-by-Play Announcer: I thought it was celebrity deaths that always came in threes.

Colour Analyst: And while we're at it, let's not forget The Stooges!

 

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Atlanta has taken the lead!

Colour Analyst: Their fans are going nuts! I just saw a guy do a back-flip in the crowd! Or was that just a rendering bug?

 

Colour Analyst: That shot was powered by pure Nana-Nahaijna!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Whatever *that* might be...

 

Colour Analyst: (camera zooms in on Jaromir Jagr) Hey, Jim! It's only the first period, but how many points does he have now? A: A lot. B: A lot. C: A lot!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Hmmm, I'd go with B, "A lot."

Colour Analyst: (buzz) Wrong! It's D, "A ton!" But thanks for playing!

 

Colour Analyst: GÓL!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Go-go-go-gooool...

Colour Analyst: GÓL!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Gooooooool...

Colour Analyst: GÓL!

Play-by-Play Announcer: (embarrased) Let's never do that again.

Colour Analyst: Agree!

 

Colour Analyst: Ow, I spilled hot coffee on my legs!

Play-by-Play Announcer: THOSE ARE MY LEGS!

Colour Analyst: Oh yeah, sorry.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: He scores!

Colour Analyst: I clocked that one at a cool 200 miles/hour!

Play-by-Play Announcer: I think you're off by about 100 miles/hour there, Don. Colour Analyst: Wow! That thing was going 300 miles/hour?

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Colorado is fully in control of this game again!

Colour Analyst: And I'm fully in control of my motor skills again! Stupid electro-shock therapy.

Play-by-Play Announcer: Keep complaining, and I'll up that voltage again!

Colour Analyst: What complaining?

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: Drury has a huge shot, Don!

Colour Analyst: You could say it has an impact on things! (pause) That joke however, did not.

 

Colour Analyst: Impressive, Jim! He now has one goal for every Kevin Costner baseball movie!

 

Colour Analyst: Jim, I once took a faceoff against this guy, and he knocked my stick up into the press box!

Play-by-Play Announcer: Oh, I remember, Don! So does my dentist.

 

Play-by-Play Announcer: New Jersey needs to kill off this penalty - they can't afford to go down another goal!

Colour Analyst: Another goal and the pulse of this team will be this: (flat-line SFX)

 

Colour Analyst: That should make them feel better! For about three seconds, until they look up at the scoreboard.

 


Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com

No comments: