SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, April 3, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: newsinfo.inquirer.com

TENNIS HUMOR \ QUOTES

NEW YORK -- Novak Djokovic showed off his impersonations after a US Open quarter-final victory Thursday, serving notice that he might be the next star personality in tennis as well as its hottest new contender.
.

The Serbian blitzed Spain's Carlos Moya 6-4, 7-6 (9/7), 6-1 and then drew laughs and cheers from the crowd at Arthur Ashe Stadium with his impressions of Maria Sharapova and Rafael Nadal after prodding from a television announcer.
.

"I enjoyed it," Djokovic said. "I'm really happy the people accepted it in a positive way, not trying to make fun of Maria or Rafa or anybody else, just trying to make people laugh and enjoy and have a good time."
.

The third seed whose name is aptly pronounced "Joke-o-vic" used his skills at exaggerated mannerisms first as Sharapova, tucking in his shirt, skipping and bouncing beyond the baseline, then sticking out his chest as he walked.
.
From the baseline, Djokovic mocked the Russian beauty by slowly smoothing back his hair over each ear, then lifting his arm and bouncing the ball high before firing off a serve.
.

"It's funny. He does it very well," Moya said. "That's a gift. If he doesn't succeed in tennis maybe he has a good career in that. I guess he's pretty successful in tennis though."
.

To impersonate Nadal, Djokovic rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, bent over to adjust his shoes, raced to the baseline and repeatedly grabbed and tugged at his shorts, especially by the rear.
.

"These are just some of the things I usually do to make people laugh. This is one of the ways I like to relax and smile," said Djokovic, whose flamboyance as a showman harkens to the days when players would banter with the crowds.
.

"Obviously the people are looking for that, a good tennis player and a player with a lot of emotions and temperament and personality," Djokovic said. "I'm really happy the people are looking at me in that way, talking positive things about me."
.

"It's just motivation more for the future. My goal is to be the number one player in the world. I'm just 20. I have a lot of time left. The priority is playing tennis. The rest will come naturally," he said.
.

Trying to imitate his idols as a child led Djokovic to develop the mocking moves, although his trademark is bouncing the ball before he serves more than 20 times, a somewhat aggravating habit for which he apologized to the crowd.
.

"It's annoying because you know a huge serve is coming," Moya said. "When he is bouncing so many times, he is making all the first the serves. If he does that and he misses, that's OK. He can do that as many times as he wants."
.

Djokovic said that only US fifth seed Andy Roddick, another favorite for him to impersonate, has tried to give him a taste of his own medicine.
.
Asked if there was a player he had yet to master copying, Djokovic named the same player he has yet to master on the court -- Swiss world number one Roger Federer.
.

"The untouchable one, Roger, he's too perfect for my style," Djokovic said. "Plus I don't have long hair. I hope he doesn't hear this."
.

Djokovic added that, "You cannot play all the time at the same level, like Roger, but that is what we all try to do."
.

Naming John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors as the funniest players he had seen, Djokovic said he was "like a mouse" when it came to his copycating when he was lower ranked.

================================

No comments: