SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: martialdevelopment.com


The Twenty Best Martial Arts Quotes of All Time

Mohandas Gandhi
Mohandas Gandhi


Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
~ Mohandas Gandhi

The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.
~ William Francis Butler

He who is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
~ Ben Jonson

The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
~ Mark Twain

Courage first; power second; technique third.
~ Author unknown

Joe Lewis
Joe Louis


Everyone has a plan until they've been hit.
~ Joe Louis

Seek not to follow in the footsteps of men of old; seek what they sought.
~ Matsu Basho

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.
~ John Milton

That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Of old the expert in battle would first make himself invincible and then wait for his enemy to expose his vulnerability.
~ Sun Tzu

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
~ Bruce Lee

Plato (left) and Aristotle (right)
Plato and Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
~ Aristotle

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
~ Author unknown

I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger.
~ Mencius

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.
~ Theodore Roosevelt

Should you desire the great tranquility, prepare to sweat.
~ Hakuin

Cry in the dojo. Laugh on the battlefield.
~ Author unknown

In times of peace, the warlike man attacks himself.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

There are two rules for being successful in martial arts. Rule 1: Never tell others everything you know.
~ Author unspecified

No comments: