SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, April 18, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: telegraph.co.uk

Olympic Quotes         "Mostly Track &  Field"

Compiled by Tony Jefferies

Last Updated: 3:58pm GMT 05/12/2000
 


 
 
 

I was madly in love with a fencer and I wanted to impress him

Hungary's Timea Nagy, gold medallist in the women's épée, on why she got into fencing

He gave me a little look like he was going to punch me and I gave it back to him

US boxer Clarence Vinson on a ringside appearance by Muhammad Ali

Whatever they feed those guys, I would like to know. I eat a lot of Chinese food. I should have fed it to my son. He's only six-foot four

US coach Rudy Tomjanovich on China's towering basketball players

Audley was on the big fry-up. We were on the muesli and bananas

Modern pentathlete Stephanie Cook, on sharing breakfast with superheavyweight boxer Audley Harrison yesterday, when both won Olympic gold

It was a professional job in the true sense of the word

Ian Irwin, coach to Harrison

There is no secret to running - run hard, have a beer, have a pizza. We make it too complicated

New Zealand's 1976 Olympic 1500 metres champion John Walker

We'd have done better with a bloody good Tarmac road to Peelwood

Outback sheep shearer Jimmy Steele's thought on Sydney's Games

A silver medal gets you as many free beers as a gold medal does

Australian Russell Mark, runner-up to Briton Richard Faulks in the double trap shooting

I'll show these bloody Americans. They can't swim. They do psychological things. They are stupid

Cees-Rein van den Hoogenband, a doctor with the Dutch swimming team and father of multiple gold winner Pieter, on American hints that his swimmers were using drugs

They're really keen on the strawberry flavoured ones

Australian basketball player Michelle Timms, on the Cubans' favourite condoms at the Athletes' Village

Sprints! Relays! Marathons!

Advertising campaign for a Sydney brothel during the Games

He hit me and he's a big puncher, but I've got a chin of stone, mate, so no worries

Australian light-heayweight boxer 'Dynamite' Dan Green after beating Brazilian Laudelino Barros

The drive for five is not alive

Marion Jones, whose bid for a nap hand of gold medals ended when she finished third in the long jump

This was a victory for Arab women. Europeans have sponsorship and facilities but we have courage and heart

Algeria's Nouria Merah-Benida on her surprise 1500 metres victory

I'm going to cry like a baby and I'm looking forward to it

Britain's Katharine Merry awaits the medals ceremony after claiming bronze in the 400 metres

I'm just a simple human being who gets annoyed when there's no toilet roll in the bathroom

Cathy Freeman plays down her 'Superwoman' status after winning the 400 metres

I'm just a normal Aussie guy who likes a smoke and a drink. I wish they'd had the final between 2am and 4am. I might have won

Jai Taurima, Australia's long jump silver medallist, on his non-athletic lifestyle

My race will last only four minutes but I think the difference it's going to make in other people's lives is more long-lasting

Registered blind runner Marla Runyan, 1500 metres finalist, on how she hopes to provide inspiration for other disabled athletes

I don't know what has happened and I don't know how it has happened. I promise everybody I'm going to find out

C J Hunter, world champion shot putter and husband of Marion Jones, after officials said he tested positive for steroids four times this year

Whether it's true or not, it has nothing to do with the Olympics. We don't want this to be the major story of the Olympics

Istvan Gyulai, of the IAAF, on hearing of Hunter's positive tests

Every day's history, isn't it? It's just another day that's passed

Five times gold medal winner Steve Redgrave, asked whether he felt a sense of history after his latest triumph

Pain is something you expect. You can't win an Olympic final waving at the crowd

Matthew Pinsent, who has won three gold medals with Redgrave

It was kind of weird for me to be asked. I mean - what do I do? I don't sing. I don't dance

Australian supermodel Elle Macpherson speculates on her role in the closing ceremony

She's not just going to stroll around the stadium in a bikini

David Atkins, director of the event. She strolled around in a near see-through body suit





Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

No comments: