SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, May 16, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: sunstar.com

SPORTS QUOTES

"When Tiger was six months old, he would sit in our garage, watching me hit balls into a net. He had been assimilating his golf swing. When he got out of the high chair, he had a golf swing." - Earl Woods

"A goalkeeper is a goalkeeper because he can't play football." – Dutch manager Ruud Gullit.

"Winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second are your wife and your dog." – former race driver Damon Hill.

"His nerves. His memory. And I can't remember the third thing." – golfer Lee Trevino, listing the three things a golfer loses as he grows older.

"At home I am a nice guy; but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far." – Muhammad Ali.

"They should send Borg away to another planet. We play tennis. He plays something else." – tennis star Illie Nastase.

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass." – heavyweight boxer Randall 'Tex' Cobb.

"If it's undisputed, what's all the fighting about?" – comedian George Carlin.

"A caddie is someone who accompanies a golfer and didn't see the ball either." – Anonymous.

"Tennis doesn't encourage any kind of intellectual development. The dumber you are on court, the better you're going to play." – former pro Jim Courier.

"Chess is ruthless: you've got to be prepared to kill people." – British chess player Nigel Short.

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises." – Astronaut Neil Armstrong.

"Old golfers never die – they simply lose their drive." - Anonymous.

"Depends on how far my refrigerator is."–George Foreman's response when asked how far he liked to run when training.

"Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with the big boobs. You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her." - Val Doonican, Irish singer.

"Work is the thing that interferes with golf." - Frank Dane, US comedian.

"It's gonna be a thrilla, a chilla and a killa. When I get the gorilla in Manila." – Muhammad Ali, 1975, looking forward to the 'Thrilla in Manila' against Joe Frazier.

"Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed." -- Charles Schulz, US cartoonist.

"There isn't a flaw in his golf or his makeup. He will win more Majors than Arnold Palmer and me combined. Somebody is going to dust my records. It might as well be Tiger, because he's such a great kid. - Jack Nicklaus, speaking of Tiger Woods.

"Don King doesn't care about black or white. He just cares about green." – heavyweight boxer Larry Holmes, referring to the green color of the US dollar bill.

"Real pressure in golf is playing for $10 when you've only got $5 in your pocket." – Lee Trevino.

"People want to try to find a new Pele. They couldn't do that. You don't find another Beethoven, you have only one Michelangelo. In music you have only one Frank Sinatra and in football you have only one Pele." – Pele, 1998.

No comments: