SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: theroar.com

Sports quotes of the week

“Some people like the Sex Pistols and some people like Beethoven, you just have your tastes.” - Former Wallabies captain ANDREW SLACK on whether rugby is the best football code.

“We do not muzzle dissent just because it might embarrass us or embarrass our friends. We hope our friendship can bear a little plain speaking.” - ACT Chief Minister JON STANHOPE on the right of people to protest China’s treatment of Tibet at the Olympic torch relay’s Australian leg in Canberra.

“Lots of taunting, like at a friendly football game.” - Australian Olympic Committee spokesman MIKE TANCRED describes the interaction between pro-China and pro-Tibet demonstrators that turned out for the Australian leg of the torch relay in Canberra.

“Where is the media manager? Who is the media manager? This is great doing an interview on a highway.” - Manly coach DES HASLER takes a shot at the club’s media manager who was nowhere to be found as the softly-spoken coach had to talk to the press over the top of passing trucks from a suburban car park.

“[I] didn’t work hard to be beaten by equipment.” - French swimmer FABIEN GILOT says he plans to switch from sponsor Arena to Speedo in order to enjoy their LZR Racer swimsuit.

“It’s a long time coming. Finally.” - American driver DANICA PATRICK after winning the Indy Japan 300 to become the first female winner in IndyCar history.

“I promised him if he won on this horse there will be man-love.” - Owner of Golden Slipper champion Sebring JAMES HAZZISEVASTOS on kissing winning jockey Glen Boss on the lips post-race.

“There’s free Bluetongue all over the Central Coast and Newcastle this afternoon.” - Ad man and owner JOHN SINGLETON shouted patrons in 19 bars to free Bluetongue beer after his horse Tuesday Joy won the $2.2m BMW at Rosehill.

“I have said it every time, I’ll come back bigger and stronger. But I’m not going to say anything this time, I’ll just try to get through this game, and if I get through it I’ll be happy.” - Injury-plagued Wests Tigers five-eighth BENJI MARSHALL anticipates this weekend’s clash against Cronulla, his first game since twinging his knee in round one.

“I’ve probably bowled the worst last over in Twenty20 history. Twenty20 is good for the game but not for the ego.” - Cricketer ANDREW SYMONDS after being belted for 17 off the final over to see his Indian Premier League team, the Deecan Chargers, lose their third straight game in the tournament.

“But you know, if someone else had a cut on their head I probably would have done it to any other player at the same time.” - Cronulla captain PAUL GALLEN says he doesn’t discriminate following his three week suspension for deliberately raking Anthony Laffranchi’s head wound in the Sharks’ loss to the Gold Coast in round three.

“When somebody told me, I was sitting there, nearly having a laugh, because they said he was the fastest in Newcastle over 40 metres - he’s now the fastest in Newcastle and Roosters.” - Sydney Roosters coach BRAD FITTLER after Newcastle’s 110kg front-rower Danny Wicks put the boot in to an already defeated side, running 60 meters to score in the dying moments of the round six heritage clash.

“I’m a Catholic. But I’m also a horse trainer.” - Sydney trainer ANTHONY CUMMINGS on his fight to prevent Catholic festival World Youth Day from taking place at Royal Randwick Racecourse in July.

No comments: