SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, May 9, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: zoozoo2.com

snowboardology

snowboardology - snowboarding terms and snowboarding slang

Here are a few snowboarding terms and sayings and slang so you don't feel out of place on the snow. I am sure there are loads more but this is all we have heard of.

  • Bail - falling over
  • Bone - when a snowboarder straightens one or both legs during a half-pipe trick
  • Bullet Proof - when the conditions are icey and hard
  • Booter - a big jump where you need lots of speed and you get launch into the air
  • C-Rail - a rail with a bend to it
  • Cat-Track - a run going across to another run
  • Crud - This is a type of snow with uneven surface and lumps of soft powder-like snow and slippery patches
  • Dailed - to be able to do a trick prefectly time after time
  • Duckfoot - Stance with toes pointing outwards
  • Fakie - Riding a board backwards
  • Flat bottom - The space in the half-pipe between the two walls
  • Frostbite - Occurring when parts of the body are exposed to extreme cold for a period of time
  • Goofy foot - Riding with the right foot forwards
  • Phat - cool
  • Hip - a big jump where you have to go off the front side and can land only on one side
  • Hypothermia - A life - threatening condition where the body temperature of the person drops dramatically below normal
  • Jib - a rail
  • Kink - a bend in a rail or box
  • Poptart - tricky half-pipe aerial turn where the snowboarder goes up the wall riding
  • Powder - Light, ungroomed snow
  • Quarter Pipe - half a half pipe, one wall where you can get a good speed to get ito the air
  • Rodeo - backflip with a spin
  • S-Rail - a rail with a bend to it, so if you look from the top it looks like a S
  • Sick - really cool
  • Slush - Usually this is snow that is starting to melt gradually becoming wetter
  • Stiffy air - A half-pipe aerial turn where a rider straightens both legs and grabs the snowboard's edge
  • Taipan air - a rider reaches behind the front foot in this half-pipe aerial turn and grabs the toe edge then bends the front knee to touch the board
  • Tight - sweet

No comments: