SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, May 22, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: usatoday.com


Golf fans' screams spark 'hate' from ESPN's Rome
Here's a quick way to improve golf telecasts. Give fans something, anything, to yell besides "You da man!" and "Get in the hole!" During Sunday's WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship on NBC, two fans were in such a hurry to shout "Get in the hole!" after Tiger Woods hit his tee shot, they screamed it in unison.

Fans should be free to boo or cheer whoever they want. But fans are now screaming "Get in the hole!" when Woods, Phil Mickelson and others tee off on par-4 and par-5 holes, ESPN's Jim Rome says. "If you're saying these things, stop doing it immediately," Rome said during Friday's Jim Rome Is Burning. "The players hate you, other fans hate you and, most importantly, I hate you. You're bringing everybody down, and you're embarrassing yourself."

TV networks can't edit out the screams without losing audio of player reactions and conversations with their caddies, NBC spokesman Brian Walker says. "You can't stop the gallery, you can only contain them," he jokes.

After Woods thumped Stewart Cink with an 8-and-7 victory Sunday, NBC's Roger Maltbie nailed Cink with a pretty tough question: "What's it like standing on the first tee when you know your opponent is better than you, he knows he's better than you and everybody else knows he's better than you?" Cink admitted it was "a tough task."

No comments: