SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, June 13, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: content-usa.cricinfo.com

STUART MACGILL

Image: cricketweb.net
.
CRICKET QUOTES

"Once the ball gets past me it takes me slightly longer than the Queen Mary to turn around, so that's not a good thing for a professional athlete."Stuart MacGill acknowledges his dodgy knee made Test cricket difficult in recent months
Jun 7, 2008

"If we could stop people smoking weed we would have triple the amount of players available. If you can't give up marijuana to play for your country and reach the pinnacle of your sport then you have a serious, serious problem."Bermuda's allrounder Lionel Cann admits to problems facing the national selectors
Jun 7, 2008

"I was very lucky to play under a couple of very good captains in Australia. I played under some average ones, as well. You can make your own mind up which one's which."Shane Warne was not always a fan of his superiors
Jun 6, 2008

"He would be better now to move on, do some more wine shows and things like that and pass a few bottles of red around to us."Terry Jenner isn't terribly excited to have Stuart MacGill continuing for New South Wales
Jun 6, 2008

"Gentlemen, don't believe all what you read in the media."Geoff Lawson has a message, ironically for the media themselves
Jun 5, 2008

"I didn't want to lose my membership for going against the spirit of cricket." Dipal Patel, MCC member, and the inventor of New Zealand's new "micro-shine" trousers, feared for his place in the pavilion
Jun 5, 2008

"I'll probably go to Starbucks and waste a few hours." Ian Blackwell reveals how he plans to spend the day after Somerset's quarter-final against Kent is washed out
Jun 4, 2008

"I do believe that to the ordinary people of our country, games like hockey and football have [more] significance than the world of cricket." Is cricket India's national obsession? Not to the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, it isn't
Jun 3, 2008

"Signing Kolpak players is like internet shopping. Instead of getting out there and doing the hard yards trying to find what you're looking for, you can just have it delivered to your door." England selector and Warwickshire director of cricket, Ashley Giles, on the overseas influx in county cricket
Jun 1, 2008

"Look, it's your nation, not mine." Kevin Pietersen, explaining in an interview that he gets sent pictures of naked women by fans, reveals the extent of his Englishness
Jun 1, 2008

"Even my father's name is Sachin Tendulkar." Tendulkar's daughter, Sara, tells her class her father's name after the teacher informs them of a restaurant of the same name in Mumbai
May 31, 2008

"I want to thank the crowd for their support. It was pretty one-sided for Mumbai. Just don't forget some of the Punjab boys also play for India." Yuvraj Singh, the captain of the Kings XI Punjab, isn't pleased with the Wankhede crowd's behaviour
May 31, 2008

"We yearned for strong leadership for years and now Giles has come along and we are terrified." An anonymous county chairman reveals his fears to the Guardian, as Giles Clarke drags English cricket into uncharted waters
May 30, 2008

No comments: