SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, June 23, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: xlab.co.uk

SOCCER QUOTES
.
Quotes by Bobby Robson
.
“Jenas is a fit lad. He gets from box to box in 90 mins.”
.
“He's very fast and if he gets a yard ahead of himself, nobody will catch him.”
.
“My father had 5 sons, I had 4 brothers.”
.
“If we start counting our chickens before they hatch, they won't lay any eggs in the basket.”
.
“They're 2 points behind us, so we're neck and neck.”
.
“I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I'd love led Newcastle out at the final.”
.
“Well we got nine and you can't score more than that.”
.
“I do want to play the short ball and I do want to play the long ball. I think long and short balls is what football is about.”
.
“Eighteen months ago they (Sweden) were arguably one of the best three teams in Europe, and that would include Germany, Holland, Russia and anybody else if you like.”
.
“He never fails to hit the target, but that was a miss.”
.
“I'd say he's the best in Europe, if you put me on the fence.”
.
“Tottenham have impressed me: they haven't thrown in the towel even though they have been under the gun.”
.
“I played cricket for my local village. It was 40 overs per side, and the team that had the most runs won. It was that sort of football.”
.
“The first 90 minutes are the most important.”
.
“There will be a game where somebody scores more than Brazil, and that might be the game that they lose.”
.
“We don't our players to be monks, we want them to be football players because a monk doesn't play football at this level.”
.
“All right, Craig Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ.”
.
“We didn't underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.”
.
“Denis Law once kicked me at Wembley in front of the Queen in an international. I mean, no man is entitled to do that, really”
.
“Hitler didn't tell us when he was going to send over those doodlebugs, did he?” - On why he was refusing to name his England team before a World Cup qualifer against Sweden in 1989.
.
“Look at those olive trees. They're two hundred years old - from before the time of Christ!”
.
“Players never know why they are taken off or substituted - until they become managers.”
.
“Anything from 1-0 to 2-0 would be a nice result.”
.
“Home advantage gives you an advantage.”
.
“In a year's time, he's a year older.”
.
“The margin is very marginal.”
.
“Their football was exceptionally good - and they played some good football.”
.
“Until we're out of the Champions' League we're still in it.”
.
“Gary Speed has never played better, never looked fitter, never been older.”
.
“Everyone's got tough games coming up. Manchester United have got Arsenal, Arsenal have got Manchester United and Leeds have got Leeds.”

No comments: