SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, July 10, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: dailynebraskan.com

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON
Image: publiuspundit.com/
.
SPORTS QUOTES OF THE YEAR, 1998
College Sports Quotes
.
"I'm in reasonably good shape. I'm not going to keel over right in front of you or anything like that."
Head Football Coach Tom Osborne, on his heart troubles
.
"They kicked our ass."
Iowa State Quarterback Todd Bandhauer, on his team's loss to the Huskers.
.
"I dove and I had both my hands out firmly, but the ball was just a couple inches from the ground. It was just a couple inches from no national championship."
NU freshman split end Matt Davison, on "The Catch" that beat Missouri
.
"That guy hasn't missed a field goal since - well, we're talking Germany here - since Hitler was a corporal."
Texas Tech Football Coach Spike Dykes, on Nebraska place kicker Kris Brown
.
"The chances of Jonah running for us this year are slim, and Slim is on his way out of town."
NU Cross Country Coach Jay Dirksen, on the odds of Jonah Kiptarus running this year
.
'Think about it. You have to be nuts to get on that board and do what they do."
NU Diving Coach Jim Hocking, saying his divers aren't like average people
.
"I was like, 'Well, geez, I suck.'"
Nebraska volleyball player Jamie Krondak, on hitting below .220 in the Husker's first four games
.
"It just came up ... I tried to walk and then I was like, 'Oh man, I'm throwing up in front of 70,000 people.'"
Akron outside linebacker George Cameron, who tossed his cookies on Memorial Stadium turf
.
"If we're not in the top 64 in the country, then we belong in Russia."
NU Men's Basketball Coach Danny Nee, on the possibility of the Huskers being invited to the NCAA Tournament
.
"I really wanted to go to UCLA, but my mom told me there were too many earthquakes out there."
NU long jumper Chris Wright, on why he came to Nebraska
.
"Seeing how it's sunny outside, maybe we should go out and settle this whole thing right now."
President Bill Clinton, on the Michigan and Nebraska football teams' visit to the White House to be recognized for winning the national championship


No comments: