SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: geocities.com

Image: s.ecrater.com
.
BASEBALL UMPIRE HUMOR \ QUOTES
Heckles, putdowns, comebacks to and from baseball umpires
.
Umpire Disses
.
Hey ump is that a dinner plate? Apparently it has no corners!
.
I've seen better calls at a square dance!
.
I've seen better calls between two tin cans and a piece of string!
.
I've seen better blue in a toilet bowl!
.
Its a strike zone, not an end zone!
.
Come on blue, turn that mask around and get a GOOD look!!
.
How about asking the audience? Do you want to use another lifeline?
.
What were you, a lookout a Pearl Harbor?
.
I forgot the Milk-Bone for your seeing-eye dog!
.
If it was a donut you would have gotten there! (Umps out of position)
.
How many fingers am I holding up?
.
Can I pet your Seeing Eye dog after the game?
.
Have they stopped printing the rulebooks in Braille?
.
Don't donate your eyes to science, they don't want em'
.
Pull the good eye out of your pocket.
.
I thought only horses slept standing up!
.
Flip over the plate and read the directions.
.
That was a strike in any bowling alley!
.
You flipping coins?
.
When your dog barks twice, its a strike!
.
Next time buy a ticket if you're going to watch!
.
I bet if you had a biscuit that plate would be clean!
.
Do you get any better or is this it?
.
Munch! Munch! Munch! The Ump is out to lunch!
.
I'm gonna break your cane and sell your dog.
.
You couldn't make the right call if you had a phone book.
.
You couldn't make a call in a phone booth
.
If the pitcher is throwing too fast for you, we can ask him to slow it down.
.
You're getting better, you almost made the right call that time!
.
Punch a hole in that mask, you're missing a good game!
.
I've seen potatoes with better eyes!
.
-----------
.
Careful...The Umpires Fight Back...
.
If I could afford the wood, I'd have your mouth boarded up!
.
If you're so important, why aren't the seats facing you?
.
Man, you're ugly, I bet if I follow you home, someone ugly will open the door!
.
Shouldn't you be at home airing up the tires on your house?
.
He got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching.
.
If you were any more stupid, you'd have to be watered twice a week.
.
Here's an alcoholic who doesn't want to remain anonymous.
.
What's the matter, kid, didn't you get enough attention at home?
.
Don't yell at me, I ain't your mother.
.
Now I know why some animals eat their young.
.
You make me wish I'd donated to Planned Parenthood.
.
This year's poster child for zero population growth.
.
What holds your ears apart?
.
I see your therapy's coming along just fine.
.
What, was there no tractor pull on tonight?
.
Every village has one.
.
Is that your face or did you just catch a foul ball with your teeth?
.
Two more legs and you could star in a western.
.
This is my job. I don't criticize the way you mop floors when you're at work.
.
I don't show up at your job and unplug the Slurpee machine.
.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to deal with you, I'm an Umpire not a proctologist.
.
=================

No comments: