SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, June 6, 2010

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: mitchalbom.com

.
Image: i38.tinypic.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
Blogger presents his nostalgic view of sports quotes from 1988
.
* Jack Morris, Tigers pitcher, when asked the name of a piece of Tchaikovsky music: "I, uh, think it's from his greatest hits album."
.
* Willie Pep, former featherweight champion, on reports of his death: "Naw, I'm not dead. I ain't even been out of the house."
.
* John Salley, Pistons forward, narrating his home movie during the NBA Finals: "OK, now here we have a picture of Rick Mahorn's butt. . . . Wait. Let me back up a little. . . ."
.
* Dennis Rodman, Pistons forward, when asked what he would do once the championship series had ended: "I don't know. Maybe drive across the United States or something."
.
* John Brophy, Toronto Maple Leafs coach, on Red Wing Miroslav Frycer: "I'm sick and tired of that communist. He sneaked out from a hole in a wire fence somewhere, and now he shoots his mouth off."
.
* Miroslav Frycer on John Brophy: "He's the worst human being I've ever met. And that's including communists."
.
* Peter Pocklington, Edmonton Oilers owner: "Wayne Gretzky has an ego the size of Manhattan."
.
* Jim Schoenfeld, New Jersey hockey coach, to referee Don Koharski: "HEY! HAVE ANOTHER DOUGHNUT, YOU FAT PIG!"
.
* Lance Parrish, Phillies catcher, to his pitching staff: "The way you hold runners on, God couldn't throw them out."
.
* Eddie (The Eagle) Edwards, British ski jumper, on his Calgary Olympic efforts: "I was so frightened, my bum shriveled up like a prune."

* David Santee, ABC ice skating announcer, informing Canadian Brian Orser that he just lost the Olympic gold to the USA's Brian Boitano: "Brian, I have some good news and some bad news. . . ."
.
* John McEnroe, tennis player: "Tennis is boring with me, and ridiculous without me."
.
* Tom Monaghan, Tigers owner, after Kirk Gibson left for the Dodgers: "He was a disgrace to the Tiger uniform with his half- beard, half-stubble. . . . The Tigers are better off without him. . . ."
.
* Tom Monaghan, Tigers owner, after a swarm of criticism: "I'm pulling for the Dodgers in the World Series. Kirk has really been tremendous."
.
* Larry Holmes, boxer, a few weeks before facing Mike Tyson: "This is for pride, not for money."
.
* Larry Holmes, a few hours after Tyson knocked him out: "Hey, I got my three million dollars."
.
* Chuck Daly, Pistons coach, after a particularly bad loss: "Practice today will last just long enough to throw up."
.
==========================

No comments: