SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, August 30, 2010

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: smashingusa.com

VENUS WILLIAMS

Image: cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com
.
SPORTS PICTORIAL \ TRIVIA \ HUMOR
.
The World's 10 Highest Paid Female Athletes
.
Click here to view ===> 10 HIGHEST PAID FEMALE ATHLETES
.
-----------------
.
NOW WHAT?
.
NOW THIS, according to the romantic balladeer and Motown ladies
man now in the Rock and Roll and Songwriter's Hall fo Fame, Bill
"Smokey" Robinson: BEWARE, LADIES!!!
.
In his most jocular vein ever, the great R&B songwriter,
along with his then brother-in-law and fellow member of
the Robinson R&B group, the Miracles, composed a novelty
song to alert ladies in a humorous way to a social reality that
just might confront them one day in the unending battle of
the sexes!
.
"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"
.
Click here to view ===> BATTLE OF THE SEXES NOVELTY SONG
.
Source: youtube.com
.
------------
.
If you want the lyrics for this hilarious ditty, see below.
.
LYRICS OF THE NOVELTY SONG
.
Some fellas look at the eyes
Some fellas look at the nose
Some fellas look at the size
Some fellas look at the clothes
.
I don't care if her eyes are red
I don't care if her nose is long
I don't care if she's underfed
I don't care if her clothes are worn
First I look at the purse!
.
Some fellas like the smiles they wear
Some fellas like the legs that's all
Some fellas like the style of their hair
Want their waist to be small.
.
I don't care if their legs are thin
I don't care if their teeth are big
I don't care if their hair's a wig
Why waste time lookin' at the waistline?
First I look at the purse!
.
A woman can be fine as can be,
kisses sweet as honey
But that don't mean a thing to me
If you ain't got no money
If the purse is fat....that's where it's at.
.
Some fellas like the way they walk
The way they swing and sway
Some fellas like the way they talk
Dig the things they say.
.
I don't care if they wobble like a duck
or talk with a lisp
I still think I'm a good lover
if the dollar bills are crisp
.
First I look at the purse!
First I look at the purse!
First I look at the purse!
First I look at the purse!
.
Song title: First I Look at the Purse
.
Source: seeklyrics.com
.
=================

No comments: