SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, January 17, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: news.bbc.co.uk

 
TENNIS QUOTES
 

Serena Williams
Serena learnt a new word on day three of the Australian Open

"We say booty. I'm not quite sure about 'posterior'. I'll try to keep that in the back of my mind. 'What are you doing?' 'I'm shaking my posterior'."
Serena Williams. She was asked what she thought about a TV commentator admiring slow-motion pictures of sister Venus's "posterior"

"Venus definitely has a great posterior. I'm sure it looked nice."
Serena plays down the rumpus

"We'd need a really long time because all I'll need is a tennis ball and I'm just going to stand here and bounce the ball for a really long time before I serve. We're going to be here all day long."
Maria Sharapova on being asked for her impression of Novak Djokovic - who has taken to impersonating the Russian

"I avoid stepping on the lines of the court because I believe it brings me luck."
Not sure about that, but at least world number four Ana Ivanovic doesn't think she will get eaten by crocodiles

"Rituals are an important part of my life during tournaments - I am probably one of the most superstitious players on tour."
Ivanovic also bounces the ball exactly four times before she serves and eats at the same restaurant every night

"I always have a song playing in my head. It can be annoying because I can't get it out of my head. In the first round it was 'Wake Up Call' by Maroon 5."
Ivanovic again. It is a wonder she manages to remember to play tennis really

"It was a lot of fun. We will win together next time."
Ivo Karlovic (6ft 10ins) after he and John Isner (6ft 9ins) after becoming the tallest doubles partnership in tennis. They lost.

"Why frustrating? I have 5,700 points so there is nothing frustrating. I'm very happy to be number two, and I would love to be number two for the next hundred years."
Rafael Nadal contemplates a century in tennis when he is asked what it is like to play second fiddle to Roger Federer





Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: