SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Friday, January 4, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: protrade.com

BASKETBALL QUOTES
Classic Charles Barkley

1) Barkley once threw a 5'2" fan (who, apparently, was looking for a fight) through a plate-glass barroom window. He was later asked whether he had any regrets about the incident. "I regret that we were on the first floor."

2)In 1990, Barkley was quoted as saying that teammate Armon Gilliam was not a consistent scorer or rebounder, and that giving up the #1 pick to get Manute Bol was a bad move. An outraged Barkley complained that he had never, ever said any such thing about either of his beloved teammates.
What made his denial less believable than most? The quotes came from Barkley's own autobiography. Fortunately, Charles had a ready reply: He hadn't gotten around to reading it.

3) Barkley was once asked why he had chosen to play college basketball at Auburn. "When I was recruited at Auburn," he explained, "they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those t*tties on Buffy, I knew that Auburn met my academic requirements."

4) While attending an NBA game in February 2004, Barkley spotted a man wearing a Kucinich tie (in support of Dennis Kucinich, a candidate for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination). "What are you doing wearing a Kucinich tie?" Barkley badgered the man. "He hasn't even won a single delegate!" Only later did Barkley learn that the man was... Dennis Kucinich.

Quotes:

5) "I don't care what people think. People are stupid."

6) "If somebody hits you with an object you should beat the hell out of them."

7) "I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five."

8) "You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black."

9) "Kids are great. That's one of the best things about our business, all the kids you get to meet. It's a shame they have to grow up to be regular people and come to the games and call you names."

10) "My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich'."

11) "Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train."

12) "We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do."

13) [When asked what he thought of playing in New York City] "I love New York, because I've got a gun."

14) "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."

15) [On Phil Jackson handing out books to his team] "He needs to give that team a Bible. Only God can
can help them now. They're terrible."





Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: