SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, January 20, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: theroar.com

Sports Quotes:
 
"You have a long handle with a small net. You obtain your ball through the net and then you push it into the neck of the rifle. That's all I know about cricket." - APEC visitor PEGGY CHANG, Washington correspondent for the Chinese edition of Voice of America, comes to grips with Australia's national game.

"I've heard a lot of footballers and people in the sporting codes say it's unfair the scrutiny we're getting. Well, the average bloke probably thinks it's unfair that a footballer can earn a million a year for passing a bit of pigskin around. That's life, get on with it." - Australian swimming legend KIEREN PERKINS, calling for bans on sportspeople taking illicit drugs.

"I'm stoked at the outcome. I'm pumped. We ran the gauntlet and came up trumps." - Bulldogs superstar Sonny Bill Williams after his striking charge was downgraded by the NRL judiciary, meaning he will only miss his side's first final should it progress beyond Week 1.

"They can't run the hospitals, they can't run the transport and they definitely can't run racing. They are the three major industries in the state and they've f***ed them all up." - Trainer JOHN O'SHEA on the NSW Government's handling of the equine influenza outbreak and plans for next year's Papal visit at Randwick.

"I just think she made a lot of lucky shots and I made a lot of errors." - A less than gracious SERENA WILLIAMS accuses world number one Justine Henin of being "lucky" after losing their quarter final at the US Open.

"I don't know what he was saying, but it just got under my skin. I was nearly out of control. Luckily the chair umpire calmed me down a little bit." - Australia's PAUL HANLEY after being fined $US3000 ($A3,648) for "unsportsmanlike conduct" following a foul-mouthed attack on a Polish-speaking heckler during a testing third-round doubles encounter at the US Open.

"That's all right, he can still walk. As long as he can play." - Wallabies coach JOHN CONNOLLY, commenting on some argy-bargy during training which resulted in Drew Mitchell putting a tooth through his bottom lip.

"They brought me in to change British swimming but when it got tough, British swimming wanted to change me. It was heart-breaking." - Australian swimming coach BILL SWEETENHAM, who has resigned his position as Britain's performance director less than a year before the Beijing Olympics.

That afternoon, the ABs trailled the Wallabies 7-22 at halftime. Late in the game, they were still behind 22-25, with the Wallabies desperate to cause a boilover. An almost last-minute try gave the ABs a remarkable 32-25 win. At the post match interview, when asked his thoughts of how the game unfolded, Fitzpatrick replied, "At halftime we felt like Perkins in his heat swim. At fulltime we feel like Perkins after his final win".

'The sky has fallen on our heads' - Bernard Laport, coach of France, after the stunning defeat at the hands of Argentina in the first match of the 2007 RWC tournament.

'Laurence Dallalgio was, as ever, oozing passion on Saturday against the USA. His eyes bulged, and he constantly thumped himself in the chest, but it's during the game that England need all of this - not while he's singing the national anthem' - Martin Johnston, The Daily Telegraph (UK)

'We will keep backing ourselves despite what the critics say - they can go stuff themselves' - Morgan Williams giving it to the journalists a bit more effectively than he and his fellow Wales playerts gave it to Canada in their opening game of the 2007 RWC tournament.

'England speak of things going well in training then they deliver a performance of such ineptitude you wonder ig they aredeluding themselves. On the evidence of this display in their opening match of the 2007 RWC tournament, they have as much chance of finding gold at the end of the rainbow of this World Cup, as the USA Eagles' - Mick Cleary, The Daily Telegraph (UK) putting the boot into England.

'Don't me, I'm not a pychiatrist' - Oliver Magne's response when asked why France sometimes turns up, as in the opening match of the 2007 RWC, and doesn't seem to want to play.

 




Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: