SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, January 20, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: thismademelaugh.com

 TENNIS QUOTES:

"I think the tour should come up with something where they don't let players over 6-foot-6 inches play."
-- Tommy Haas joking after losing to big-serving American rookie John Isner at Washington.

"I would so like to be Lenny Kravitz."
-- Roger Federer.

"I'm not a fan of it. I hate it, but I may as well utilize it. I think it takes away from the integrity of tennis."
-- Serena Williams on the WTA Tour's on-court coaching experiment.

"Sometimes, actually, I see myself a little bit in him sometimes, you know, talking to his coach, you know, yelling a couple of negative words towards the box, which it's good to see I'm not the only one."
-- Tommy Haas on rising star Andy Murray.

"I would honestly rather lose to the same guy twice than lose to two different guys. I think if I lost to two different players I would think I wasn't playing well, but with one guy I can think 'OK, this guy is on a roll'. It's just easier to digest."
-- Roger Federer on his losses to Guillermo Canas this year at Indian Wells and Miami.

"For me it's something that doesn't quite fit into the schedule. It's going to be real tough to go from Houston all the way over to Monte Carlo, then come back just for a week or two to train for Rome. For the Americans, that tournament has never been exactly the easiest one in the schedule. I'm not going to be able to make it to that one."
-- James Blake on skipping the Masters Series Monte Carlo.

"I wore that to a sixth-grade dance."
-- Robby Ginepri on Vince Spadea's outfit in Miami.

"My player box is going to be full of celebrities, too; my dad, this guy Jose Hidalgo, his guest, my buddy from SC [University of Southern California]. That's about it. I'll probably get an autograph from Tiger in between sets. I'll bring a golf ball with me."
-- Sam Querrey on Tiger Woods sitting in Roger Federer's box for their match in Miami.

"I might have had a little fun last night and then I woke up. I'd like to thank Mr. Grey Goose. I won't do that again, but I thought I had zero shot of getting in."
-- Robert Kendrick on unexpectedly getting into Miami as a lucky loser and winning a round before losing handily to Andy Murray.

"He hasn't even started to use a lot of his game."
-- Coach Tony Roche on protege Roger Federer.

"This is probably my most dominant grand slam victory and it's already my 10th in such a short period of time. I amazed myself."
-- Roger Federer on his Australian Open win.

"I saw Andy in the locker room, running around playing cards and he was loose. If you don't get on Federer early, it's trouble because no one comes back on him. Once he starts hitting those sweet shots, he took a little belief out of Andy. I saw Andy's face and I said 'Oh s***.'"
-- Bob Bryan on Andy Roddick's dismantling at the hands of Roger Federer at the Australian Open.

"Yeah, there's a lot of strategy talk. It's not so much like, If you're down 6-4, 6-0, 2-0. We didn't really talk about that. Oops."
-- Andy Roddick on his strategy with coach Jimmy Connors after losing to Roger Federer in the Australian Open semifinals.

"You can't expect yourself to be already peaking like crazy in an exhibition tournament."
-- Roger Federer on losing to Andy Roddick in the Kooyong Classic final.

"I listen to him most of the time, some of the time I switch off."
-- Andy Murray on coach Brad Gilbert.

"Venus and I would really like to thank the jury again because they really were able to see the truth in this matter."
-- Venus Williams after her father Richard Williams was found guilty of representing them as a manager or a multi-million dollar exhibition but did not have to pay any financial restitution.

"I'm not sure it will help. I already tried it and it's really confusing. I'm there thinking and worrying, 'Should I call my coach for help or not?' I need to play a couple of tournaments like this."
-- Svetlana Kuznetsova on the WTA's on-court coaching experiment.

"As I was walking off the court, the models were waiting to go on for Ferrero's match. It's a little disappointing. Maybe I'm concentrating better in my matches than I would have later on. Tomorrow I think I'm playing on the outside court, so I'm not going to have them again. I think if I win my next one, there's a good chance that I'll be on the court with them."
-- Andy Murray on the models-as-ball-girls in Madrid.

"He has a more complete game than Sampras. Sampras had a bigger first and second serve. In the conditions Pete was playing, it was easier to be more aggressive all the time. Now with the courts and the balls much slower, Roger is so effective because he has so many attributes to his game."
-- Tim Henman on Roger Federer.

"He told me he got pelted with coins and the umpire had to stop the match at one stage. We are expecting the worst and if that doesn't happen, well, that's a bonus."
-- Wayne Arthurs speaking to SMH.com on Dominik Hrbaty reminiscing on the Slovak Republic's Davis Cup victory over Argentina in Buenos Aires in 1998 in the fifth rubber. Australia will travel to Argentina for the 2006 semifinals.

"I just won a Grand Slam. The last thing I'm going to talk about is some fingers or a banana, alright? I hope you got that one, thanks."
-- The cheating Maria Sharapova when asked about being coached with signals from the stands by Michael Joyce during the US Open final.

 

 
 




Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: