SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: golfchannel.com

Quotes of the Week - 01/28/2008

By GOLFCHANNEL.com Team

Editor's Note: In our Parting Shots feature, the GOLFCHANNEL.com team offers up the best quotes from the most recent week in golf.

"He was a throwback. He raised the level of every player he worked for. He could take guys who were marginal and they would play well." -- Caddie Patrick Smith, about fellow caddie Steve Duplantis, who died tragically in an accident this past week.

"Does he actually receive texts? I know I tried to text Jack (Nicklaus) one time and he doesn't know how to do that." -- Tiger Woods, when asked if he was going to text message Arnold Palmer after he officially tied him on the all-time PGA TOUR career wins mark.

"We think the interest in golf in each country will heighten when these players compete in the Masters." -- Augusta National chairman Billy Payne, in announcing the invitations to three Asian Tour players for this year's Masters Tournament.

"There's two tournaments going on. I'm going to try to win the tournament that Tiger's not playing." -- Justin Leonard, during Tiger's runaway win at the Buick Invitational. Leonard placed fourth in the B Flight.

Tiger Woods
(Getty Image)
"Eighteen is a par 5, and we both got on in regulation. He missed a 20-footer, and I made a 15-footer, uphill, left-to-right. It came out of me. That was my first fist pump. I started upper-cutting the air. It was the greatest thing I ever did in my life, beating my dad." -- Tiger again, recalling the first time he let out one of his now famous fist pumps, when he was 11 and beat his dad for the first time.


Ryuji Imada
(Getty Image)
"This is the Tiger Woods Invitational, isn't it? My goal going into today was to finish second. That's almost like winning the golf tournament to me." -- Ryuji Imada, who did indeed finish second, thus being credited as the winner of the B Flight in San Diego.


"I actually think that if the conditions stayed the same at Torrey Pines as any other golf course, I think Torrey Pines is the hardest golf course in the country." -- Phil Mickelson, talking about the Buick's host course. Lefty tied for sixth.

"What he's going to do is screw the U.S. Open up for everyone else. If he had shot 10 or 11 under, the USGA would have said, 'Well, maybe we have it in the right spot.' Now, they may have to regroup a little." -- Fred Couples, commenting on Tiger's dominant performance at Torrey Pines and how the USGA might have to alter the course set up come June to make the winning score a little higher.






Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No comments: