SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: baseballbigmouth.com

 

Our first one, from the venerable Pedro Martinez, trying to come back strong to the Mets' rotation this year, opining as to what lengths he will go to help the club: "I'll do anything if I think it helps the team. I'll do naked jumping jacks, whatever." 

Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland COPYRIGHT The Heckler and BaseballBigMouth.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland (pictured, right) on what a fan who won a charity auction to recently co-manage a spring game alongside him had to do to authentically ape all aspects of the crusty Motown skipper. "He'll be smoking by the third inning. You want to be the real Jim Leyland, you'd better bring a carton of Marlboros."

The now-infamous and always classy — ahem — Barry Bonds, from official testimony to a Grand Jury, on why he was not, contrary to some reports,  planning to build a home for close associate (and alleged connection) trainer Greg Anderson: "One, I'm black. And I'm keeping my money. And there's not too many rich black people in this world. And I'm keeping my money. There's more wealthy Asian people and Caucasian and white. There ain't that many rich black people. And I ain't giving my money up. That's why."

SI.com's Tom Verducci perfectly crystalizing the Brandon Inge fiasco currently overshadowing the Tigers' camp: "The only reason the Tigers could conceivably want Inge around is to replace Ivan Rodriguez when his contract expires after this season. But Inge blew a hole in that idea by suggesting he didn't really want to catch and saying he has trouble hitting when he has to concentrate on catching (not that his .236 average as a third baseman last season was anything great)."

Yankees VP Hank "I wanna REALLY try hard to be as controversial as my more-famous Daddy George" Steinbrenner, seeing the world of baseball through his East Coast-tinted glasses and dreaming of restoring the fast-fading franchise: "Go anywhere in America, and you won't see Red Sox hats and jackets, you'll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order."

And finally, a quote that really needs no explanation as to its inclusion. The Heckler presents the Diamondbacks' Eric Byrnes, on what he would endure to see the game of baseball cleaned up from its current steroid/HGH smudge: "I'd prefer not to have a grown man standing there looking at my pickle, but if they have to do it for the sake of the game, I'm in."

 
 



No comments: