SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, April 12, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: icing.org

 THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF CURLING:

1. Thou shalt worship the lord thy skip with all thy heart and all thy soul. Thou shalt not taketh the
     name of thy skip in vain.

 2. Thou shalt observe each curling day as a holy day. Six days shall ye toil, but on curling day thou
     shalt enter the House of Curling and partieth on.
 3. Thou shalt not wear thy street shoes upon the surface of the ice. The skips must stone to death
     any infidel who bringeth unholy crap upon the ice.
 4. Thou shalt not pass wind in the direction of thy opposing skip. If this ye doest, the penalty shall be
     death.
 5. Thou shalt place thy skip's rock before the holy hack with the handle pointed in thy skip's preferred
     position.
 6. Thou shalt not wear pants of outrageous design. If this ye doest, thy fellow curlers must heapeth
     scorn and insults upon thee.
 7. Thou shalt not covet thy opponent's in-turn or out-turn. Neither covet thy foe's draw weight.
 8. Thou shalt not hoggeth thy rock in the shoot-out. If this ye doest, ye must offer up a double round
     to appease the wrath of thy team-mates.
 9. Thou shalt not let thy head swell with victory over thy betters. Woe unto he who does, for he shall
     come crashing rudely to the earth.
10. Thou shalt not heap blame upon the keepers of the ice for thy losses. Neither shall ye blame the
     makers of the rocks. Blame not thy team-mates, yet look inward to thyself for fault.





It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.

No comments: