SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, April 19, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: runplanet.com


 Cross Country Running
 
(Track and Field)
 

Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better.
Juha Väätäinen, Finland

 

The start of a World Cross Country event is like riding a horse in the middle of a buffalo stampede. It's a thrill if you keep up, but one slip and you're nothing but hoof prints.
Ed Eyestone

 

The freedom of Cross Country is so primitive. It's woman vs. nature.
Lynn Jennings

 

The footing was really atrocious. I loved it. I really like Cross Country; you're one with the mud.
Lynn Jennings

 

Get out well, but not too quickly, move through the field, be comfortable. Strategy-wise, go with your strengths. If you don't have a great finish, you must get away to win. I've always found it effective to make a move just before the crest of a hill. You get away just a little and you're gone before your opponent gets over the top. Also, around a tight bend, take off like holy hell. I've done that a number of times. You should not be flying down the home straight. Most of your efforts should have been put forth earlier.
John Treacy, Ireland's two-time world cross country champion (1978, 1979)

School cross country runs started because the rugby pitches were flooded. There was an alternative: extra studying. This meant there were plenty of runners on sports afternoons.
Gordon Pirie

 

When I was about 14 or 15, and running in a pretty muddy cross country race, one of my shoes stuck in the mud and came off. Boy, was I wild. To think that I had trained hard for this race and didn't do up my shoelace tightly enough! I really got aggressive with myself, and I found myself starting to pass a lot of runners. As it turned out, I improved something like twenty places in that one race. But I never did get my shoe back.
Rob de Castella

 

We told our guys to hold on for 30 minutes of agony for 12 months of glory.
Coach John McDonnell, after Arkansas won the 1993 Ncaa Cross Country title

 

Cross Country is like poker. You have to be holding five good cards all the time.
Rollie Geiger, North Carolina State Coach

 

I prefer running without shoes. My toes didn't get cold. Besides, if I'm in front from the start, no one can step on them.
Michelle Dekkers, the barefoot South African runner who won the 1989 Ncaa cross country title for Indiana

 

A running machine, that glides over mud, crud and goop.
Ed Eyestone's definition of Kenyan ace John Ngugi

 

The secret of cross country is to do everything we on the track and take it into the bush.
Mike Koskei, former national coach of Kenya
 


Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com

No comments: