SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: espn.go.com

Quotes about Fenway Park

"When they raze Fenway, it'll be like cutting down an old tree. Count the rings. There's one for each celebration and heartache suffered by Red Sox fans."
--Dan Shaughnessy, Fenway
-
"I can't wait to see the new park when it's done. I want Boston to have the best. If any city needed a new park, it's Boston. I won't shed a tear."
--Ted Williams, redsox.com
-
"I came to love Fenway. It was a place that rejuvenated me after a road trip; the fans right on top of you, the nutty angles. And the Wall. That was my baby, the left-field wall, the Green Monster."
--Carl Yastrzemski, Red Sox Hall of Famer
-
"The Green Monster cost me 10 home runs a year, maybe 20. Those are the number of line drives that I hit that went off the Wall and would have been home runs in other parks. I don't remember the Wall giving me any."
--Jim Rice, former Red Sox slugger
-
"I always watched these parks on TV when I was a kid. Now that I'm here, I've learned so much the last couple of days. I didn't know there was a ladder out there in left field. I didn't know that ... I didn't know that the park was tucked inside a neighborhood."
--Tony Gwynn, San Diego Padres, after his first trip to Fenway for the 1999 All-Star Game
-
"[Fenway Park] is a great place. It's baseball, and it's going to be sad to think that they're going to make a new one here. It's hard to think they can't redo this in a way where they can make it more comfortable."
--Mark McGwire, St. Louis Cardinals
-
"Fenway is the essence of baseball."
--Tom Seaver, Hall of Famer
-
"It comes back to why the ballparks matter to us -- because exactly comparable people played a comparable game in this ballpark for generation after generation."
--George Will
-
"The Sox, one feels were ever touched with tragedy. But, lord, have they ever played in a beautiful ballpark. ... The beauty that is Fenway is something to behold. Go out on a bright, warm day in early summer, or a clear, crisp day in early fall, and you'll see a sight you'll never forget. The greenest green in creation sparkling beneath a perfect blue sky. 'How God meant baseball to be played,' John Pesky said to me once upon a time."
--John Anderson, Boston Magazine
-
"Let me get this straight. We're bulldozing real vintage ballparks like Tiger Stadium and Fenway Park to put up fake vintage ballparks?"
--Rick Reilly, Sports Illustrated

No comments: