SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: dailymail.co.uk

.
Image: stevenbinks.co.uk
.
They said it: Sporting quotes of the week

Last updated at 09:15 02 May 2008


"We have had (Luka) Modric there with Thierry Henry, Deco has been in for a meal..."
- Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has tongue firmly in cheek when discussing the club's transfer targets.

-
"If all else fails, we will have Mario Kart on the journey up - and there are always rows when that happens!"
- Midfielder Stephen Hunt reveals how Reading players have been dealing with the pressure of ahead of their crucial relegation clash at Wigan.

-
"It must be necessary for a player to bring a gun and shoot one of our men in the box for us to get a penalty"
- Manchester United assistant boss Carlos Queiroz after Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.

-
"Are you not supposed to cut it before the game?"
- Sir Alex Ferguson questions why Chelsea were so keen to cut the grass following the match, when a brawl broke out between ground staff and United substitutes.

-
"I'm not used to being banged up. It's something that I've got to get used to should there be a future in the sport"
- A battered and bruised Dwain Chambers after his rugby league debut for Castleford reserves.

-
"We have this semi-final, then a home game on Saturday (against West Ham) and a game against Wigan away - disaster!"
- Sir Alex Ferguson gives a sarcastic retort to the doubters ahead of Manchester United's Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.

-
"I'll be getting my Bentley GT convertible now, I've been dying to get one"
- Ronnie O'Sullivan after hitting his third World Championship maximum of 147, which put him on course for a potential £157,000 bonus.

-
"Is that all it is, 150,000? It's getting less!"
- O'Sullivan feels his feat deserved better.

-
"If it's Liverpool, we'll get more tickets. I think Abramovich has bought them all!"
- Sir Alex Ferguson names his preferred Champions League final opponents following Manchester United's 1-0 win over Barcelona.

-
"I'm going to buy a Ford Focus convertible, I've been dying to get one!"
- Ali Carter after following up O'Sullivan's maximum with one of his own, earning a share of the bonus and possibly scuppering the Bentley plans.

-
"Drogba is a fantastic player, that is clear, but he falls down too easily"
- Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez criticises Chelsea's Didier Drogba ahead of their Champions League semi-final second leg.

-
"Ronnie is the best player in the world at the moment, right-handed, left-handed, one-legged, one-armed, whatever you want"
- Stephen Hendry ahead of his 888.com World Championship semi-final against Ronnie O'Sullivan.


"I wouldn't say I've been lying in my bed dreaming of tipping a penalty around the post because my wife would kill me"
- Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander on the possibility of a penalty shoot-out in the UEFA Cup semi-final against Fiorentina.

-
"There will not be any in-depth talks just before the game. You can bombard players but their attention span is not the highest at the best of times"
- Birmingham manager Alex McLeish reveals he will not be over-complicating his team talk ahead of their crucial relegation decider against Fulham.

-
"My ribs, elbow and chest were so bruised I could have been confused for Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas!"
- Somerset captain Justin Langer is convinced Andrew Flintoff is ready for England duty after facing a bombardment from the Lancashire bowler.

-
"It's my favourite game - forget this lark!"
- Colin Montgomerie admits cricket is his first love.

No comments: