SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: tgckids.org

GOLF QUOTES
.
Quotes of the Week - 07/07/2008
.
"These are the longest days - it feels like a 38-hour day." -- Tiger Woods, describing on his Web site how boring his days are because of his inability to be active due to a full knee brace.
.
“I am not going to say no." – women’s world No. 1 Lorena Ochoa, not ruling out a possible match-up against the men.
.
"It has been a good month and a half for Spanish sports. I won THE PLAYERS Championship and (Rafa) Nadal won his fourth French Open. Spain’s footballers won Euro 2008 and (fellow Spaniard) Larrazabal won last week’s French Open." -- Sergio Garcia, telling Reuters about the pride his home currenty is currently enjoying. This before Rafa won the Wimbledon title on Sunday.
.
"I think it’s downright stupid, actually.” -- Fred Funk, on Congressional's sixth hole, which was transformed from a par 5 to a 518-yard par 4 with a large water hazard guarding the right front of the green.
.
"I got out there and I was shook. I was very, very nervous those first two weeks. It’s funny, non-tour friends of mine found that hard to believe, that I had played competitively my whole life and that I would be whacked-out going on to this new place. That just goes to show you the power of the brain. It became way too important." -- Joey Sindelar, on his recent venture onto the Champions Tour. He finished fourth this past weekend.
.
"The hole was as big as a bucket." -- Ross Fisher, following his 9-under-par 63 in the first round of the European Open. He went on to win in wire-to-wire fashion.
.
"He told me to just keep working hard and keep it up, and the sky’s the limit, and there’s no reason to stop now." -- Anthony Kim, on what was said from tournament host Tiger Woods following his victory in the AT&T National.
.
"I had a dragonfly hit my shaft on the way down." -- Funk again, after a bogey that was caused by an insect malfunction that happened on a tee box.
.
"You’re up against an absolute freak and that’s tough. But at the same time, he’s making us so much money it’s a joke. We can only be thankful for the way he’s played the game." -- Robert Allenby on playing in the Tiger Woods era.
.
"I am very aware of it and I am concerned." -- Padraig Harrington, on his current low position on the European Ryder Cup point list.

No comments: