SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: dailymail.co.uk

GOAL!

SPORTS QUOTES


Sporting quotes of the week - 08 February 2008


"I won't get bitter and twisted because I am old enough and I have got enough respect for the manager to realise that if it does not happen, life goes on"
David Beckham speaking days before being axed by new England boss Fabio Capello

"It would very easy for me to sit here and try to find a way to hide behind those injuries for what happened in the second half but I am not going to do that" England head coach Brian Ashton refuses to make excuses for his side's incredible second-half collapse to Wales


"I rang her after the match and she said that when we were losing she went to the cemetery and prayed. She came out and we won! You know what mothers are like. It was all down to her!"
Wales assistant coach Shaun Edwards believes his mother Phyllis may have had a hand in Wales' extraordinary comeback. The game was played on what would have been his late brother's 25th birthday


"If you want to sleep, you don't become a football manager"
Reading boss Steve Coppell after his side's sixth straight Premier League defeat


"I was full of it, I wanted to cuddle everyone I could see!"
Fulham's Jimmy Bullard on hugging the ref after hitting the winner against


"The bottom line is that Steven Gerrard doesn't need to be England captain, but you get an extra 10 per cent from JT if he's in charge. I'm not saying John is less of a player when he's not captain" Former England boss Steve McClaren gets himself tied up in knots as he backs John Terry for the national team captaincy

"I'm sure he'll have a headache because I hit him with shots where his face was changing shape but he was still standing there"
Amir Khan is impressed by the durability of defeated opponent Gairy St Clair

"I thought Poulter was number two in the world"
Tiger Woods when asked about the gap between him and the real number two Phil Mickelson. Woods was responding to Poulter's comments in a magazine that he was Tiger's only serious rival

"It was like going to a new school. We were like schoolkids waiting to suck up all the information he's got"
Rio Ferdinand has done his homework on Fabio Capello

"I have reached journey's end" - Former Olympic sprint champion Maurice Greene after announcing his retirement.

"I don't think as a footballer you are scared of any manager but you have to respect them"
Steven Gerrard is not intimidated by new England boss Fabio Capello

"If you are asking me as an individual, would I be comfortable seeing Dwain Chambers in an Olympic vest, the answer is no," Lord Coe, chairman of the London 2012 Olympic organising committee on the controversial sprinter's relaunched athletics career.

"It is rugby all the way for the next eight weeks - and then I will be cramming in the revision"
Jamie Roberts on combining an international rugby career with a degree in medicine

"I threw the ball over the guy's head - end of story"
Jonny Wilkinson refuses to make excuses for the errant pass that contributed to England's Six Nations downfall against Wales

"A lot people have aches and pains - I had one or two before I got there!"
Munich air crash survivor Harry Gregg produces a lighter moment at the service which marked the 50th anniversary of the disaster

"If it hadn't been for the accident, United would certainly have won it that year. We were certainly up for it. There was no challenge too big for us. Fellow survivor Sir Bobby Charlton is in no doubt that United side would have gone on to lift the European Cup

"I was really nervous - I was just hiding it. I was thinking 'I don't want to go on', but the cheer I got from the people was a massive lift"
Lesley Vainikolo admits to nerves ahead of his England rugby union debut last weekend

"I'm just trying to catch up to my dad's number of goals for England. He thinks that I can't achieve it so I've got something to prove to him"
Shaun Wright-Phillips, who scored the winner at Wembley, wants the bragging rights over step-father Ian

Joe Calzaghe promises to end American veteran Bernard Hopkins' legendary career when the pair clash in Las Vegas
"This isn't Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama"
Hopkins refuses to retract his comments from December when he said "I will never let a white boy beat me"





No comments: