SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: tournaments.chessdom.com

CHEN SHAOHUA, DESIGNER OF WMSG LOGO
.
WORLD MIND SPORTS GAMES
.
Official logo for the First World Mind Sports Games is presented in Beijing (see above)
.
The First World Mind Sports Games (WMSG) released its official logo. According to the official website it is a truelove knot which represents affinity, friendship, solidarity, communication, good luck as well as the traditional elements of China, the host of the 1st WMSG. The designer of the logo was Mr. Chen Shaohua (see above).

"The 1st World Mind Sports Games is an international comprehensive mind sports game, consisting of five mind sports of board and card games. The design of the logo is an important part of the publicity materials and draws the Organizing Committee’s great attentions," shared the organizers.
.
Bridge, Chess, Go, Draughts and Chinese Chess are the five sports of the First World Mind Sports Games in Beijing, each represented with a color in the logo. It is estimated that close to 3000 participants will take part in the 2008 edition. The games are organized by The International Mind Sports Association (IMSA).
.
World Mind Sports Games Quotes
.
The presentation at the website of the World Mind Sports Games brings us interesting quotes about the represented sports. For Chess, Tarrasch, Voltaire, and Pushkin are quoted.
.
Mind Sports entertain people most and chess is the best of them. Chess is pleasing as love and music.
Tarrasch
.
Chess is the most important game which helps to develop intelligence.
Voltaire
.
Chess is essential to every happy family.
Alexander Pushkin
.
Bill Gates, however, goes with Bridge.
I am an avid player of Bridge which has unique characteristics as sport. Bill Gates

No comments: