SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, July 19, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: forums.sportingnews.com

HOCKEY QUOTES
Player Ovechkin Quotes
.
Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:33 am
--------------------------------------
Saw this on Canucks' forum, thought I'd copy and paste this here... it just shows how easy it is to like and root for Ovechkin, the kid's got a great personality along with his skills as a hockey player.
--------------------------------------
Reporter: So who do you like to watch on the highlights?
Ovechkin: "Me"
.
"I play for team. If I score, I'm glad. If we win, I'm glad, too. We lose all games. We must win something. This game we win. We're happy."
.
"I saw the rebound and when the puck came to me, I said, 'Oh my God, puck,' " said Ovechkin. "I must shoot."
.
"The [ice] was no good and I just shot it and I score."
.
"Did you see when I ended up in the penalty box? I haven't even done anything."
.
Reporter ~ "What's the greatest thing about playing in the NHL?'
Ovechkin ~ "NHL."
Reporter ~"The NHL?"
Ovechkin ~ Nods head, walks away.
.
"I've been waiting for this day, ... I wanted to play in Carolina and Buffalo, but Coach said your first game, you must play it at home."
.
"Everybody in Toronto loves hockey," Ovechkin said. "Every time the game is sold out. . .I like to play when everybody watches me."
.
Interviewer: (Is talking about how good Crosby has it because he's with star players, Lemieux, Palffy, etc....)
Ovechkin : So? I've got Halpern(then lists off five other teammates)
.
"I must thank my [teammates] for giving me two excellent passes. It was just a shot. I must only shoot and I score two goals.
.
"This is the best league in the world," he said, "and I feel that I should play in the best league in the world. Money is not an issue and you cannot buy happiness."
.
"When I wake up now, I don't have breakfast. I try to make something, but it's no good. I just go to Starbucks and eat chocolate."
.
I want to win the Stanley Cup," he said in English, which he has been practicing only a year. "I want to be the best, just the best. I must work. I must learn. Help my team. Play hockey, that's all. Hockey is my life, you know. If I do not play hockey, I do not know what I do."
.
"Here you see 65 (mph) and you can go 80. In Russia, you see 65 and you can go 100 or whatever you want. Just give the police some money."
.
"Zubie helps me with everything," Ovechkin said. "I don't know something, I just say, 'Hey Zubie, help me.' If I want to go somewhere, I just call him and ask him where [to] go and he tells me."
.
"I like attention. I like when everybody wants my signature," he said.
.
"We've got lots of games. Sometimes he's best. Sometimes I'm best. We must play how we can. No thinking, 'Oh my God, I must do something special.' We must play for the team."
.
"I understand pretty much everything, but I can't talk yet," he said in Russian.
.
"Too many mistakes. So, I still need to work on my English."
Reporter: Don't you have an interpreter?
Ovechkin: Nope. Actually, I don't need one.
.
Is it hard for you to get used to American life-style?
A. Ovechkin: Well, I have to get used to it no matter what. I should adapt myself to their pattern. As I understand, you tried to ask me how often I go to McDonald's? Sometimes. Tonight we are going to a restaurant with Zubrus and a couple of other guys. Actually, I like meals at George's house. His family asks me: "What would you like, Sasha?" - "Doesn't matter. I'd eat what you guys eat."

No comments: