SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: mvn.com

ROGER FEDERER

.
TENNIS QUOTES
Notable Quotables from Tennis Diary on MVN
.
July 30th, 2008
.
A week of top notch tennis in Toronto has produced some interesting quotes from the players. I was very impressed with how professional the players were in their post match press conferences, even after a defeat. Only a couple of times was there a testy answer given, but for the most part these were very positive experiences.
.
Here are some of my personal favorites. Some of these are thrown in simply for the laughs they elicit when read. I hope you enjoy.
_____________________
.
Q: You’re going to be 27. Do you feel that time is ticking?
Roger Federer: …no, I think really at 27, you know, it is not like I’m 32 yet, you know?
.
Q: Playing in front of the home crowd can be a double edged sword. You seem to thrive on the home court. Why do you think that is?
Frank Dancevic: I just - I mean, I love playing on Center Court. I feel at home today. I really felt at home today. You know, the crowd yelling out, Frank the Tank. I like that one. It was kind of funny. I had a couple giggles.
.
Q: Any dive volleys maybe?
Boris Becker: No. I’ve done that in the 90’s. This century I haven’t done any diving volleys anymore.
.
Q: I read on a few websites and I was surprised to read in the book, a book called Greatest Jewish Athletes, that Boris Becker is listed as one of the greatest Jewish players of all time. You never defined yourself as being Jewish. What’s the situation? Are you Jewish or not?
Boris Becker: This is not a situation or a point to discuss those type of things.
.
Q: I believe you wrote after the Wimbledon final that tennis had a new king, that you basically thought that Rafa had ascended beyond Roger. Do you still think that way, and why?
Boris Becker: Obviously in the world rankings, there is still a No. 1 called Federer, but I think if you talk to anybody in the world of tennis who is considered for now the No. 1 player in the world it’s the winner of French Open and Wimbledon.
.
Q: What was your favorite shot at the Wimbledon final?
Rafael Nadal: I don’t know. It was a lot of good points.
.
Q: I presume you want to be No. 1 though, correct?
Rafael Nadal: I think nobody don’t wants to be No. 1. I wants to be No. 1 for sure, but right now I don’t want to be No. 1. Right now I only want to play a good tournament here in Toronto.
.
Q: Are you eager or anxious to play against Roger Federer again?
Rafael Nadal: I will love to play against him. If I do I going to play in the final. Going to be a very good result for me play in the finals here, no?
.
Q: How do you feel psychologically right now? Are you exhausted after all that?
Rafael Nadal: Oh, I’m feeling well. I happy, no? I having my best season in my life, so just if I not feeling well right now I never going to feel well, no?
.
Q: When you’re up a break and you initiated the rain delay, weren’t you afraid you may lose your momentum?
Andy Roddick: Sure, but I was also scared that I slip and break a leg, so the risk/reward there was a little obvious.
.
Q: Great doubles draw at this event. Does that create a little bit of extra interest, motivation, when you see all the great singles players in the doubles draw?
Andy Roddick: As far as like - I mean, I think it’s maybe good for popcorn sales. I’m sure the tournament director didn’t mind when he saw Roger, Rafa and myself and Murray and whoever else in the doubles draw decided to play. I’m sure that wasn’t bad news for them. But I think it’s good for the fans.
.
Q: Which shoulder is that? (asking about his previous injury)
Tommy Haas: The one that I need. Yeah. You’ve been around for a while in tennis, huh?
.
Q: That was a very long rain delay. Did you do anything special or interesting to pass the time?
Rafael Nadal: I play foosball. I don’t know, you know. In Spanish the foosball, billiards, darts. I don’t know in English. That’s what I did.
.
Q: To some extent, do you agree with Justine Henin’s decision to retire at the peak of her career?
Roger Federer: Do I agree with that? Not today. Ask me another day. Please don’t kill me with questions like this.
.
Q: (same reporter as above) How did seeing all the seeds falling out of the draw affect you tonight?
Novak Djokovic: Next question.
.
Q: At 4-3 in the third I believe you were serving. You had an exchange with the chair umpire. Could you talk about that?
Roger Federer: Not today.
.
Q: Did you feel any added pressure knowing that the draw was relatively open after Roger lost last night?
Andy Roddick: No. I don’t know if I’m playing well enough right now to look ahead in the draw. No.
.
Q: You’re known a little bit for your impersonations of people’s serves. Have you been working on any new ones that you want to show the fans of Toronto?
Novak Djokovic: No. This has passed.
.
Q: How do you feel in Toronto?
Nicolas Kiefer: I mean, I can’t complain so far. If I keep on winning you say it’s a great city. I had a feeling like this maybe four years ago. I had this feeling one time in Montreal. So far I can’t complain.
.
Q: When is the last time you felt this tired, or have you ever felt this tired?
Gilles Simon: Yeah, I remember, of course. The last time it was my first match in the Australian Open against Massu. I won 6-4 in the fifth set. Yeah, they have to carry me to the locker room. I couldn’t walk.
.
Q: The nervousness, was that related to physical condition?
Novak Djokovic: No, not really. But, you know, you always have a little pressure here and there going on court. But, well, can’t explain it now. Just another bad day in the office.
.
Q: You feel that maybe after all eight years of not winning a title that it means even more to be able to do what you’ve done this week?
Nicolas Kiefer: I don’t know. I mean, I wouldn’t say — Andre always told me, As long as your hips are okay and you can run, you should be fine. I still have those words in my mind.
.
Q: Can you talk a little bit about how long this match was? Did you get tired out there, and how do you feel right now physically?
Nicolas Kiefer: No, I’m feeling pretty good. I mean, I wouldn’t say I would run back to the hotel. I prefer to take the car.
.
Q: Have you seen the Cincinnati draw yet? If you have, what was your reaction when you saw the first round?
Nicolas Kiefer: It was okay because I beat him.
.
Q: Have you seen the Cincinnati draw?
Gilles Simon: Yes, I know.
.
Q: What do you think about that?
Gilles Simon: Yeah, the revenge.
.
Q: What was the difference in the match?
Mike Bryan: A few points at the end. They started off really well doing everything great from the start. We started a little slow. I think we turned it around when I said, What did you guys have for breakfast? They started thinking about it.
.
Q: Can you talk about the differences, and how tough is he (Nadal) playing right now on this surface?
Nicolas Kiefer: Well, I mean, I lost on clay, I lost on hard court, and I lost on grass court. So maybe I should try to go indoor. Last option. Indoor season is coming soon. Maybe we can talk after.
.
Q: Congratulations on your effort (asked after loss to Nadal, 12th question of press conference)
Nicolas Kiefer: A thank you. First person that appreciates it.
.
Q: One thing I wanted to find out, is in the women’s game, as you know, Clijsters and Henin quit in their mid-20s. Is there something in the men’s game? We have more athletes that are 30 and above. Why is that not the case with the women’s tennis?
Nicolas Kiefer: Well, women’s tennis is totally different story. Well, I don’t want to talk about women’s tennis because it’s not my job. I think. I focus on my sport. I think it’s much easier to talk about this. Honestly, I don’t know.
.
Q: You had the label of being a clay court player, and then you won on grass at Wimbledon. The next step is hard courts. Is that the big challenge to prove to everyone that you can win on any surface?
Rafael Nadal: I win on every surface, no? I win on grass, on hard, on indoor, and on clay, too. So if I am playing my best tennis I can win on every surface, no?
======================

No comments: