SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: barstoolsports.com

Image: movienoodle.com
.
SPORTS MOVIE QUOTES
Excerpts from article "Sports Movie Quotes For All Occassions"
.
The perfect sports quote for every moment
.
The point is, these moments are going to come up in your life, and you’d better be ready with the right quote or you’ll regret it forever. As a service to our readers, here are some sports movie quotes for any occasion. Clip and save them for later use.
.
You’re trying to motivate a team:
“The name on the front of the uniform means a hell of a lot more than the one on the back!“
-Herb Brooks, “Miracle”
.
Someone feels sorry for himself:
“You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have nearly a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football team in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself.”
- Fortune, “Rudy”
.
Your boss gives you a lousy assignment:
“I’m gonna flash ‘em, Joe. I'm gonna open up this faggot robe and wiggle my d--- at em. And do you know why? Because I want you to have a heart-attack and die so we don't have to do this s--- anymore. You and your f------ fashion shows.” -Johnny Upton, “Slap Shot”
.
Your boss asks you to do anything:
“Son, in 35 years of religious study, I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not Him.”
-Father Cavanaugh, “Rudy”
.
It’s “Big Speech” time:
“We’re way past “Big Speech” time here, fellas.”
- Norman Dale, “Hoosiers”
.
You’re trying to psych somebody out:
“Believe me, as a bowler, I know that right about now, your bladder feels like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag and your butt is kinda like an about-to-explode bratwurst. Was I talking out loud? Was I? Sorry. Good luck.”
-Big Ern McCracken, “Kingpin”
.
You’re trying to psych somebody up:
“You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!”
-Mick, “Rocky”
.
And finally, one that you can say on almost any occasion and feels good about yourself:
“Hey Yankees... you can take your apology and your trophy and shove 'em straight up your ass!”
-Tanner Boyle, “Bad News Bears”
=======================

No comments: