SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, August 7, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: netfunny.com

Image: people.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
Quotes from the 1992 Olympics
.
-------------------------------------------
.
Since everyone seems to love "Top 10" lists, Here is a Top 20 list of quotes from the Olympic Games:
.
Honorable Mention:Todd Eldridge for shooting himself in the head after falling down during his performance on a simple manuver.
.
20. "Max, Get your ass down Here!" - Kerri Lee Gartner, after placing First in the Women's Downhill
.
19. "I'm Going to Disneyland!" - Kristi Yamaguchi, after winning the Gold
.
18. "I do a serious job, and the bosses know they can rely on me for frozen pucks." - Jean Julien, Official Puck Freezer of the Olympics
.
17. "I Won't Be Happy Till I Take it All!" - Herscel Walker
.
16. "I'm a Sexy Kinky Tom Boy..." - sung by Cathy Turner
.
15. "They're going to have to call it Albertoville." - Alberto Tomba
.
14. "I'm Sorry. I have failed you." - Midori Ito (to Japan)
.
13. "Don't Cry Midori, There's always Tomorrow." - The Jaspanese Press
.
12. "You Have to Be Brave." - John Anduit, Target Changer for the Biathalon
.
11. "Where Are You Tomba?" - Katarina Witt
.
10. "I came, I saw, they kicked my Butt,,," - Chris Bowman
.
9. "I ate some bad fish." - Eric Flame, U.S. Speed Skater
.
8. "This is not what the olympics are about." - The Anal-retentiveBrittish IOC Spokesman in reference to Eddy 'The Eagle' Edwards
.
7. "I'll see you at Lillehammer in '94!" - Eddy 'The Eagle' Edwards
.
6. Ooooh! - Scott Hamilton & Verne Lundquist, Figure Skating Reporters
.
5. "Somebody Took My Glasses." - Faissel Cherrati, Morroco X-C Skier.
.
4. "Nancy is a very special friend of mine." Paul Wylie, immediatelyafter the exhibition performace with Nancy Kerrigan.
.
3. "YOU'RE DEAD, PAUL!!!!!" - Paul Wylie's soon-to-be ex-girlfriend atHarvard, immediately after the exhibition performace of Paul & Nancy.
.
2. "Get me the ____ out of There!!!!! I can't ____ Take it anymore!!!!!!!" - Team USA Goalie Ray LeBlanc after facing 26 shots inthe first period against Tchzeckoslovakia.
.
And the Number 1 quote from the 1992 Olympic Winter Games at Alberto... er... Albertville, France is............
.
1. "There's More to life than this." - Dan Jansen, Olympic Speedskater for US after his 2 failed 'runs for the Gold'.
.
==========================

No comments: