SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, August 4, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: news.bbc.co.uk

Image: leounfinished.wordpress.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
29 July 2008
UK Sport quotes of the week
.
AND SOME FROM YOU
.
"Danny Brough, who looks like he walked into a shed and knocked over the tins of paint..."
Dave Woods on the multi-coloured hair of Wakefield's kicker. (Stephen F, UK).
.
"Manchester United have moved quickly to finalise the details of Carol Tevez's £32m British record transfer after Real Madrid were among those enquiring about his availability."From the BBC Gossip page. Would that be Carlos's mother? (Nathan Jones, Swansea).
"Shah's got Tredwell over his knee and he's administering a damn good spanking. By the looks of things, the cheerleaders loved that damn good spanking as much as I did."BBC live text journalist Ben Dirs after Owais Shah smashed James Tredwell for three consecutive sixes in the Twenty20 final. Well at least that's what I think he was talking about. (Kenny Lomas, England).
"I went up the training ground and saw Mark running and I said 'You're fit'. But he said he was only up to 70-75 per cent. With hamstrings you have to be careful, it's this last 15 per cent that he wants out of himself."Gillingham boss Mark Stimson shows off his great mathematical ability. (Jamie Fellows, England).

"Danny Brough, who looks like he walked into a shed and knocked over the tins of paint..."Dave Woods on the multi-coloured hair of Wakefield's kicker. (Stephen F, UK).
.
"Henry on the ball here for Barca....ohhhhhh he shimmies past the Hibs defender with a salsa-like move, Riba, Riba, Ole!"
Setanta commentator during Hibs-Barcelona friendly. (Peter, Ireland).
.
"Boycott may hit Champions Trophy."
BBC Homepage headline - is Geoffrey not happy with the trophy's design? (Shaun Knowles, England).
.
"When you're playing against players of the calibre of lads that Barcelona have got, then you really need to do what we did in the first half for 90 minutes. I don't think we had the energy to do that. We would need to be world record holders at 1500m to do that."
Dundee United manager Craig Levein could have done with Crammie and Coe to keep up with Barcelona after his side were hammered 5-1 in a friendly. (Lewis, Cardiff).
.
"Great potential. I know. I rode her mother."
Irish jockey to RTE on a young mare's racing prospects. (Gerry McCarthy, Nepal).
.
"Michelson is an enigma wrapped in a variation."
5 Live analyst describes Phil Mickelson. I nearly wet myself laughing. (Reg, England).
.
Aggers: "Where's that cloud coming from, Geoffrey?"Boycott: "Lancashire. They make rain over there and send it over to us 'cos they dont like us."
TMS banter at Headingley. (Julian Pearce, UK).
.
"This lad is like lightning on elastic."
The one and only Sid Waddell at the World Matchplay Darts. (David Bedlow, England).
.
"We have never been to Nigeria and it is an opportunity, although you could say it is partly financial of course."
Sir Alex Ferguson admits Manchester United's 3,000-mile five-hour trip from Pretoria to Nigeria to play Portsmouth in a friendly may have had something to do with money. (Jamie, Wales).
=======================

No comments: