SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Sunday, August 31, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: rapworlds.com

Image: wallpapers.in-world.info
.
BASKETBALL QUOTES
Quotes by Charles Barkley
.
I don't need to be on TV. If I had a good agent, I'd be on Temptation Island. I wanna be around a bunch of naked-ass girls. That's just good television programming
.
When I was recruited at Auburn [university], they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those titties on Buffy, I knew that Auburn met my academic requirements
.
"You mean to tell me they're holding our plane and soildiers hostage, and we're giving this Chinese guy a three year contract"
.
After Wang ZhiZhi has a shot blocked: "He's got to bring something stronger than that. That's like bringing milk to a bar, it's not strong enough"
.
To a fan in the FleetCenter in Boston: "You guys are two players away from being good again -- Bill Russell and Larry Bird."
.
Before the Dream Team's game against Angola in the 1992 Olympics: "All I know about Angola is they in trouble."
.
On what it means having Rick Mahorn as a teammate: "All it means is that people will say that I don’t have the biggest butt in the league anymore."
.
On why he endorses Nike, even though its shoes sell for more than $100: "Hey, they don't stop selling Mercedes Benzes just because some people can't afford them, do they?"
.
Barkley in response to Charles Oakley saying that 60 percent of NBA players smoke pot: "What percentage of reporters who cover the NBA smoke pot? My poll is just as scientific as his poll. I am going to say 60 percent of writers smoke pot. I just came up with a number. You don't have to have any facts...you can just throw things out there. I like that."
.
On the All-Star Game: "Hell, there ain't but 15 black millionaires in the whole country & half of 'em are right here in this room."
.
On the news that the NBA would allow zone defenses: "This is a great day for bad NBA players"
.
"Dennis (Rodman) likes wearing a dress, I don't like wearing a dress. I tried it on a couple of times in the house, but I do it privately; I don't do it publicly."
.
"Just because I can dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."
.
On throwing an elbow at an Angolan: "Well, he might have pulled a spear on me."
.
On why he didn’t attend a presidential inauguration: "They’re not my type. I like to be around low-class people, like reporters."
.
When asked about his grades at Auburn, he said, "As long as I was leading the SEC in rebounding, my grades would be fine."
.
His greeting to new Rocket Elmer Bennett: "Elmer? I ain't never met a brother named Elmer. I can't believe that. A brother named Elmer. I have been alive 33 years, and I ain't never met a brother named Elmer. I've heard of Elmer Fudd, but that's it. They named a fella Elmer."
.
"As long as Bird is around I will only be the second-worst defensive player in basketball."
.
"This is my schedule: I wake up in the morning, decide where to play golf and drink beer all day"
.
"It's my big fat ass vs. their skinny legs. It's basic physics"
.
They say it about brothers, but I can guarantee everybody in Finland look alike.
.
How long do you think Steve Nash spent on his hair? 5 seconds? 10 seconds?
.
I've been rich and poor. Being rich is better
.
I can't believe we're talking about high school guys being good in the NBA when they average six points a game. I could do that right now, and I ain't touched a basketball in a couple of months
.
Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
.
The main thing to do is relax and let your talent do the work.
=======================

No comments: