SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, August 18, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: quotesdaddy.com

Image: entreri.myweb.uga.edu
.
SPORTS QUOTES
.
“Midshipmen and cadets remain stronger and more aggressive than their male counterparts at civilian schools. They eagerly play sports such as rugby, boxing, karate, lacrosse, and football. They drive fast cars, usually sports cars. They play hard. They drink hard. They are physical, often abusive among each other. They are not trying to prove their manhood: they are celebrating their masculinity. They are competitive, often vulgar, and tough, and every citizen who may someday send a friend or relative into war should rejoice, because combat is competitive, vulgar, and tough, and they will be leading men in combat.”
- James Webb
.
“Sports is like a war without the killing.”
- Ted Turner
.
“When you look at where team sports are going, the National Football League is turning into organized warfare.”
- Oren Lyons Jr.
.
“The man loves danger and sport. That is why he loves woman, the most dangerous of all sports.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche
.
“If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such”
- Dan Castellaneta
.
“Competing in sports has taught me that if I'm not willing to give 120 percent, somebody else will.”
- Ron Blomberg
.
“Baseball hasn't been the national pastime for many years now - no sport is. The national pastime, like it or not, is watching television.”
- Bob Greene
.
“Books had instant replay long before televised sports.”
- Bern Williams
.
“You are only as good as the coach thinks you are.”
- Brian Williams
.
“There is no such thing as a natural touch. Touch is something you create by hitting millions of golf balls.”
- Lee Trevino
.
“Topping the ball is a problem that usually afflicts only beginning golfers, and it is quickly left behind once a player has learned to master the hook, the slice, the shank, and the airball”
- Henry Beard
.
“Thinking instead of acting is the number-one golf disease.”
- Sam Snead
.
“Golf has more rules than any other game because golf has more cheaters than any other game”
- Bruce Lansky
.
“I don't like losing a ballgame any more than a salesman likes losing a sale.”
- Early Wynn
.
“In this game of baseball, you live by the sword and die by it. You hit and get hit. Remember that.”
- Alvin Dark
.
“There are one-hundred fifty-four games in a season and you can find one-hundred fifty-four reasons why your team should have won every one of them.”
- Bill Klem
.
“A good catcher is the quarterback, the carburetor, the lead dog, the pulse taker, the traffic cop and sometimes a lot of unprintable things, but no team gets very far without one.”
- Miller Huggins
.
“Wrestling is the only sport I've ever competed in that puts you totally in a situation of constant [motion] without breaks. I could play football or baseball, swim -- but there's always some kind of situation that would break my thoughts, break my concentration.”
- Dan Gable
.
“I never did like working out - it bears the same relationship to real sport as masturbation does to real sex”
- David Lodge
.
“To brag little - to show well - to crow gently, if in luck - to pay up, to own up, and to shut up, if beaten, are the virtues of a sporting man”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
=====================

No comments: