SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Thursday, September 4, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: gridironfans.com

Image: amazon.com
.
NFL INSULTS
Quotes by \ about Redskins \ Cowvboys (from sports forum)
.
"Joe Theismann is a garbage-mouth little SOB. He's such a hot dog that all he needs is a bun."
-John Dutton
.
"Die you dogs. Die you Dallas dogs."
- Sam Wyche
.
"Any helicopter that came over (the practice field), the coaches would look up and say 'Damn, that's George Allen up there with a notebook.'"
-Walt Garrison
.
"If you knock Staubach out, you've got that rookie facing you. That's one of our goals."
- Diron Talbert (Staubach was knocked out in the 3rd quarter, Thanksgiving Day, 1974, with the Redskins leading 16-3 -- but the rookie, Clint Longley, came in to beat us, 24-23)
.
"When you sign with Washington, you sign a contract to hate the Cowboys."
-Charles Mann
.
"Losing to Dallas was the worst feeling in the world. You'd rather have your arm cut off."
-Diron Talbert
.
"If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan."
-Jim Lachey
.
"If you came out of the (Dallas) game and you weren't bleeding, you hadn't played."
- Ken Houston
.
"Yeah, but only after he went for my knees three times."
-Jack Pardee, after being accused of trying to knee Dallas receiver Lance Alworth in the head.
.
"No!, Danny! No!"
-Coach Tom Landry from the sidelines to his QB, Danny White, during a 4th and inches play, after it became clear the drawing the Redskins offsides ploy wouldn't work. The ball was snapped, Cowboys lost yardage, the ball, and the game. December 11,1983
.
"George Allen never used to say 'the Dallas Cowboys', it was always 'the goddamned Dallas Cowboys.' It's the Cowboys' uniform. It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense."
-John Wilbur
.
"I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaches love you. We're going to run it over you again and again.' Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."
-Jeff Bostic
.
"Any Cowboys fan that thinks the Redskins game is just another game is either very young or very stupid."
-unknown veteran Dallas fan
.
"I know we don't have any Dallas people here — they are the ugliest people in the world."
- Joe Gibbs during Fan Day, Training camp, 2005.
====================================

No comments: