SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: thedeadballera.com

Image: nytstore.com
.
BASEBALL QUOTES
.
Dan Quisenberry: "Most pitchers fear losing their fastball and, since I don't have one, the only thing I have to fear is fear itself."
--- "Once I tried to drown myself with a shower nozzle after I gave up a homer in the ninth. I found out you can't."
--- "The batter still hits a grounder. But in this case the first bounce is 360 feet away." (On when his sinker stopped working)
--- "Natural grass is a wonderful thing for little bugs and sinkerball pitchers."
--- "It helps to be stupid if you're a relief pitcher. Relievers had to get into a zone of their own. I just hope I'm stupid enough."
--- On the best thing about baseball: "There's no homework."
.
Bo Belinsky: "Philadelphia fans would boo funerals, an Easter egg hunt, a parade of armless war vets, and the Liberty Bell."
.
Moe Berg: "Good fielding and pitching, without hitting, or vice versa, is like Ben Franklin's half pair of scissors."
.
Bill Bergen: "It was as if he was possessed. The ghosts got to him and never let him go."-on his late brother Marty shortly after he killed his family and them himself.
.
Ping Bodie: I didn't room with him. I roomed with his suitcase. (On Babe Ruth)
.
Bob Bowman: I'm not a villan...every pitcher in the league has been thanking me for hitting that son-of-a-bitch.-after Bowman beaned Joe Medwick.
.
Eddie Cicotte: "I did it for the wife and kids." (On why he participated in the 1919 Scandle)
.
Joe Dugan: "Born? Hell, Babe Ruth wasn't born. He fell from a tree."
.
Jimmie Dykes: "The manager's toughest job is not calling the right play with the bases full and the score tied in an extra inning game. It's telling a ballplayer that he's through, done, finished."
.
Dale Long: You can shake a dozen glove men out of a tree, but the bat separates the men from the boys.
.
Ron Luciano: "Throwing people out of a game is like learning to ride a bicycle--once you get the hang of it, it can be a lot of fun."
--- "No one ever grew up intending to be an umpire, except perhaps my friend Bill Haller. His brother Tom wanted to be a catcher, so an affinity for masks must run in that family."
---"Umpire's Heaven is a place where he works third base every game. Home is where the heartache is."
.
Billy Martin: "It seems to me the official rule book should be called the funny pages. It obviously doesn't mean anything. The rule book is only good for you when you go deer hunting and run out of toilet paper."
.
Bobo Newsome: "He has a weakness for doubles" (Speaking About Joe DiMaggio during his 56 game hitting streak)
.
Chico Ruiz: "Bench me or trade me."
.
Eric Show: You can pitch a gem and lose, but you can't lose when you win.
.
Jack Warhop: "I did and what are you going to do about it." (admitting to teammate Jim Curry that he had tied up his street clothes in knots, and moments before Curry knocked him out)
.
Smokey Joe Wood: "I slept a real sleep last night for the first time in many a night. When I wasn't lying awake thinking and planning and fighting over that furious pennant race, I was dreaming restless dreams about it."
.
========================

No comments: