SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, October 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: shamsports.com

Image: people.whatitcosts.com
.
BASKETBALL QUOTES
Quotes by and about NBA players
.

"Just put the ball in the basket. All of this french pastry is not necessary."
- John Thompson, on Utah's Greg Ostertag after a poorly executed play.

"Just tell me. Did you do it on purpose?"
- Danny Ainge, to then-Celtics coach Jim O'Brien after O'Brien hit his boss's Acura with his Escalade in the Celtics parking lot.
.
"Leave your car keys here and run home. I'll give you the keys tomorrow."
- Yao Ming
.
"Tell him Shaq doesn't respond to juvenile delinquents without a college degree. Tell him to get his degree and we can talk. In the meantime, he should call me Dr. Shaq because I'm working on my PhD."
- Shaq to Andrew Bynum
.
"Star Spangled Banner, I listen it 82 times every year."
- Yao Ming, when asked about his favourite American song
.
"Nothing. I was confused for two years. I didn't understand anything and I'm still confused."
- Gregg Popovich, on what he learned in his two years as an assistant to Don Nelson.

"We could use a little more strength at the five position, the four position and shooting and point guard position."
- Danny Ainge

"[LeBron] was banging those little boys around in high school, but once he goes against the men, they're going to beat his butt and make him cry."
- Charley Rosen

"I didn't even know Elvis was from Memphis, I thought he was from Tennessee"
- Drew Gooden
.
"I'm not worried about the Sacramento Queens"
- Shaq
.
"You can bet the last thing Coach Bob McKinnon wants is a repeat of last Friday night's blow job"
- Bob Costas
.
"I will miss him a lot. He was a good friend. And he owes me $80."
- Yao Ming, on Bostjan Nachbar getting traded
.
"It was like they were using cheat codes or something."
- Emeka Okafor, on the Seattle SuperSonics
.
"We also have a war we have to fight, too. The Washington Wizards are trying to make the playoffs...It's pretty much the same thing."
- Tyronn Lue on the US war against Iraq.
.
"I needed a rest anyway."
- Andrew Bogut after getting ejected from a summer league game
.
"On a scale of one to 10, I would say 60 to 65 percent."
- NBA union rep Billy Hunter, talking about how far apart the union and the owners are on the CBA negotiations

"I'm always trying to see what the joke is, so I miss the play that's called and I've got to ask a teammate."
- Joe Johnson on the Phoenix's gorilla mascot
.
"You've got idiots in the office running things; that's the problem."
- Reggie Miller, on a suspension of Ron Artest.
.
"I'm 250 [pounds] - I should be able to flex my muscles when I want to."
- Ron Artest, on flexing to the Miami bench.
.
"It looks like my grandfather's rug."
- Bimbo Coles, on a sweater worn by Smush Parker.
.
"It's a lot better. I'm not medically inclined to give an opinion."
- Grant Long, on his sore hand.
.
"They don't know polo from lolo."
- Charles Oakley, on Canadian fans.
.
"He'll land some good middle-school job; you've got to start somewhere."
- Oakley, on former Bulls coach Tim Floyd.
.
"I'd like to see him exert himself a little bit more."
- Phil Jackson, on Shaq posting a four rebound game.
.
"This is news?"
- Latrell Sprewell, to a photographer waiting outside the police precinct where Spree was paying an overdue parking ticket.
.
"I've been patient with everything - management, coaches, players - but I want to play. I think I took my time eating my soup, the soup is gone. Now it's time for the main course. The appetizers, throw them out the window."
- Charles Oakley.
.
"I wanted to ask if he planned to expand NBA basketball to the moon."
- Yao Ming, on his meeting with the David Stern.
.
"I make big shots everywhere. I get accustomed to it. I'm not afraid to be the goat. I don't worry about what you (reporters) say about me in the papers. In fact, I like it. It tickles me."
- Sam Cassell.
.
"We don't pay Chauncey any mind. We let him gossip all he wants. Colorado hasn't done anything since he left. He's still the all-time leading scorer and he only played there two years."
- Rip Hamilton, on Chauncey Billups' claims that Colorado will knock off Michigan State in the NCAA Tournament.

"For our team, every game is the key to opening the door to the playoffs."
- Yao Ming.
.
"If this is not micromanaging, I need to look up the [word] again."
- Kwame, on Doug Collins' handling of him.
.
"Just too much Chauncey Billups tonight. He made me want to throw up."
- Phil Jackson.
.
"I would tell any free agent not to sign with them because you can't trust anyone in upper management. If you're in the room with them and you plan to walk out, you better face them backing out so you won't get stabbed in the back."
- Bimbo Coles, on the Cavaliers organization.
.
"Maybe I'm just always thinking."
- Troy Hudson, on why he rarely talks.
.
"It'll never happen. I might push one of my guys down there to help her out, but it won't be me."
- Byron Scott, on whether or not he would help out if someone forgot the words to the national anthem at a Nets game.
.
"Red Auerbach taught me a long time ago you never make your enemy comfortable, so I was out there with a screwdriver. Evidently, I was successful."
- Don Nelson, on the Trail Blazers plane breaking down in Dallas after game one in the first round of the playoffs.
.
"I'm a very smart man. I speak when it's time to speak."
- Doug Collins.
.
=======================