SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Saturday, October 25, 2008

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: shamsports.com

Image: ourworldsports.blogspot.com
.
BASKETBALL QUOTES
Quotes by and about Sir Charles Barkley
.
You know what Ernie? Damn! I mean the good damn. There are different kinds of damn. This is not the kind of damn that you use to describe Mike Tyson."
- Charles Barkley, on the picture of Serena Williams in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
.
"I'm not going to argue with you, Ernie. I'll hit you in the left eye."
- Charles Barkley to Ernie Johnson during halftime of the Cleveland-Houston game on TNT
.
"I think the stuff that was said is a little personal, and let me say this, if y'all ever call me fat on the air I'm going to beat the hell out of you. There is going to be some hell breaking loose on this set."
- Charles Barkley, on the comments by Bryant and O'Neal.
.
"When people talk about Katharine Hepburn, she's called an icon. She had an affair for 20 years, but Kobe is called a slut. And what about Rudolph Giuliani? He had two women fighting to get into the (New York) mayor's mansion. But Kobe is a slut."
- Charles Barkley.
.
"I never said that San Antonio had all these fat women. That has been bothering me. All these women who think I said they were fat, I apologize. Then when I go to Dallas people tell me that I have nothing good to say about Dallas. First of all I think Dallas has a good team. I feel bad they think that. You think LA has the best-looking women in the crowd... they do, but they are not real ... they are made out of plastic. For normal women, who have their own God given bodies, Dallas has the best looking women in the NBA. Unfortunately, I am not going to get to see anymore of them in Dallas."
- Barkley.
.
"That guy's got hot breath just like Kenny."
- Barkley, after TNT aired a shot of a male Hawaiian dancer with fire in his mouth.
.
"You've gone plum damn goofy on the first night."
- Barkley, after Kenny Smith said that Yao Ming is the best player in Houston.
.
He already kissed an animal."
- Kenny Smith, on Barkley losing the Yao Ming bet, forcing him to kiss a donkey to pay his bet.

"Let's not talk about your girl now."
- Charles Barkley in response.
.
"I saw Charles Manson do an interview once and he sounded normal too...Ron Artest has cost that team homecourt advantage."
- Barkley.
.
Barkley: "I can not believe that Dan Rather didn't just kill Saddam Hussein when he was interviewing him, and that would have saved us all that money going to war."
Ernie Johnson: "How do you reckon Dan Rather would have pulled that off?"
Barkley: "He could have said 'Hey Saddam, let's go get something to eat' and then stabbed him in the neck with a fork. That could have saved us $26 billion dollars we're giving to Turkey. We could have used that money to fix the public school system here in America...You think a real fork or a salad fork?"
EJ: "I don't think a salad fork is getting it done."
.
"He was like the guinea pig for Rogaine for black men."
- Charles Barkley, on Karl Malone.
.
I played football for one day. I gave my equipment to the coach and said 'Thank you, this is a bit to stressful for me.'"
- Charles Barkley, on playing high school football.
.
"If you think Tony Parker is better than Manu Ginobili, you need to stop drinking before you come in here."
- Charles Barkley, to Kenny Smith.
.
"That was Denver's fault. They're so young they didn't even know how to slow the game down. They were up seven with a minute left and were still trying to run and gun...the Lakers got away with murder last night... like OJ."
- Charles Barkley, on a Lakers win over Denver.
.
"See, that is one of my pet peeves. You should be able to go and pick out one fan a game, and just beat the hell out of him."
- Barkley, after watching footage of Denver fans throwing garbage on Latrell Sprewell.
.
Charles Barkley on being misquoted in his autobiography:
"That was my fault. I should have read it before it came out."
.
"Obviously, my part is terrific. But Michael (Jordan) is the leader. It's his movie. I think it's going to be very funny, great entertainment for the kids. I hope everybody likes it. But, really, I don't care because I've already been paid."
- Charles Barkley about "Space Jam"
.
"I don't trust people that don't eat meat. Hey Kevin, you know what the difference between me and you is? When I die, I'll die because I was eating bad food. When you die, they'll say 'wooo that Kevin, he as dead as Charles'"
- Charles Barkley on Kevin Eubanks
.
"It's the kind of game that makes you go home and beat your wife."
- Barkley
.
"Hakeem couldn't kick your ass cuz you were too close, kissin his!"
- Charles Barkley to Kenny Smith
.
"They (the Lakers) don't care if Michael Olowokandi gets points. If he explodes... he's gonna get 8."
- Charles Barkley
.
Kenny Smith: "I devote these rings to my family, as they were the ones who helped me get them".
Charles Barkley: "You should have given them to Hakeem."
.
"Christian (Laettner) is going to be the strongest man in the NBA next year, because all he's been doing all summer is carrying around the luggage for 11 guys."
- Charles Barkley
.
"Hey Steve, no offense, but if you couldn't shoot, there would be no reason for you to be alive."
- Charles Barkley to Steve Kerr
.
“We're supposed to stop eating when he stops? But what if we're still hungry? He may have had a snack before he came over.”
- Charles Barkley, on the proper etiquette involving dinner with Prince Rainier at the Royal Palace in Monte Carlo
.
Kenny Smith: "You can see that he [Voshon Lenard] has been out for a while because he's put on a little weight"
Charles Barkley: "A little weight? A little weight? That's like saying what happened to the Titanic was a small boating accident. As a matter of fact, we can check, but I think me and him are wearing the same size underwear right now..."
.
=======================