SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: theaustralian.news.com

Image: stamp-search.com
.
SPORTS QUOTES
Excerpts of Australia's favorite sports quotes from survey by Australian News staff
.
I was really enjoying my ride and just thinking how beautiful it was here and the next minute I was picking gravel out of my head."
-- Aussie equestrian rider Megan Jones.
.
"You'll never make a footballer while ever your arse points to the ground."
-- England great Jack Charlton to a young Craig Johnston.
.
"Big balls count."
-- Craig Mottram when asked how he can run so fast.
.
"As you slide down the banister of life, you are bound to pick up a splinter or two in your arse."
-- Queensland horse trainer Vic Rail.
.
"Put a Mars Bar on a good length, that should do it."
-- Ian Healy telling Shane Warne how to get Arjuna Ranatunga out of his crease.
.
"Mate, if you turn the bat over you'll find instructions on the back."
-- Merv Hughes to Robin Smith.
.
"I can tell you one thing. I've done this my way. I don't have anybody to blame for this win but me, and I love it."
-- Golf's John Daly.
.
"Oh right, one of you blokes piss off and the rest scatter."
-- NSW cricket captain Keith Miller after noticing he had 12 players heading out to field.
.
"Injuries above the neck don't count."
-- Legendary Australian football coach John Kennedy.
.
"Sent off, carried off, but never backed off."
-- Australian rugby union player David Dunworth.
.
"Now, David, are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"
-- Some helpful advice from Malcolm Marshall to David Boon.
.
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass." --- Soccer manager Brian Clough.
.
"The only time an Australian walks is when his car runs out of petrol." South African cricketer Barry Richards.
.
"I'm just a normal Aussie guy who likes a smoke and a drink. I wish they'd had the final between 2am and 4am. I might have won,"
-- Sydney Olympic silver medallist long jumper Jai Taurima.
.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off."
-- Edmund Hillary on returning to Everest base camp.
.
"A silver medal gets you as many free beers as a gold medal does."
-- Aussie shooter Russell Mark.
.
"Pressure? Pressure is a Messerschmidt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."
-- Miller again.
.
"I don't think I'll take the medal as the minute and a half of the race I actually won. I'll take it as the last decade of the hard slog I put in."
-- Accidental gold medallist skater Steven Bradbury, who broke his neck and required 111 stitches in separate incidents on the ice.
.
=========================

No comments: