SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: quotes.webcircle.com

KATE HUDSON, MOVIE ACTRESS
FAMOUS YANKEES FAN, 2009

.
Image:
.
BASEBALL QUOTES
List of World Series, Phillies, and Yankees quotes
.
With the 2009 World Series set to begin on 10/28/2009,
here are quotes from yesteryear honoring players in the
World Series, and former players from the Phillies and
Yankees, the two teams pitted against each other for the
2009 championship.
.
World Series Quotes:
.
If I knew it was worth that much after I missed it, I would've run after it.
---
In 1998, on the baseball that dribbled through his legs in the 1986 World Series which had just sold for $93,000.00
William Joseph "Bill" Buckner
Boston Red Sox 1B
===
.
Sparky Anderson says Don Gullett is going to the Hall of Fame after the World Series. I'm going to the Eliot Lounge.
---
William Francis "Spaceman" Lee
Boston Red SoxPitcher
Contributed by: Tim Dermody
===
.
As the ball left the bat, I said to myself two things. The first thing I said was, 'Hello, double.' The second thing I said was, 'Oh (bleep), HE'S out there."
---
On playing against OF Willie Mays in the 1962 World Series
Cletis Leroy "Clete" Boyer
New York Yankees 3B
===
.
If he had, I would have knocked him down with the next pitch.
---
In a discussion of Babe Ruth's supposed "called shot" in the 1932 World Series, addressing whether Ruth had in fact pointed in the direction of the bleachers
Charles Henry "Charley" Root
Chicago Cubs Pitcher
===
.
The best thing about playing for the Cubs is that you never have to worry about anyone stealing your World Series ring.
---
In putting together an inspirational and motivational book about Bill Veeck based on stories and insights from fans.
Pat Williams Author
====
.
Phillies Quotes:
.
Don't all leave at once. Leave in groups of twos and threes. They're selling rocks out there at a dollar a pail and this way they can't get us all at once.
---
Upon returning to Philadelphia after a road trip in which their final game, the second of a double-header, resulted in a victory that ended a 23-game losing streak, and seeing several hundred diehard fans awaiting them at the airport in the wee hours
Frank Sullivan
Philadelphia Phillies Pitcher
===
.
You hold it like this and throw the shit out of it.
---
To fellow Phillies pitcher Dick Ruthven on how to throw a slider
Steven Norman "Steve" Carlton
Philadelphia Phillies Pitcher
===
.
I would walk down the lockers and Tug would see me coming and announce real loudly, "L.C., are you pitching today?" I'd say "Yes." And he'd shout, "So am I!"
---
That was the ritual. On teammate (1975-83) and former Phillies relief pitcher Tug McGraw
Larry Richard "L.C." Christenson
Philadelphia Phillies
Starting Pitcher
===
.
I was only going three-quarters to 75 percent.
---
Upon returning to action after suffering a pelvic injury
Michael Scott Lieberthal
Philadelphia Phillies Catcher
===
.
I've been released five times, I'm bald and I have a big nose. I'll make it through this.
---
On getting booed in Philadelphia
Terry Jon Francona
Philadelphia Phillies Manager
===
.
Yankees Quotes:
.
Never is a concept the Yankees won't ever come across.
---
Andrew Eugene Pettitte
New York YankeesPitcher
Contributed by: Leash1230@aol.com
===
.
He kind of lulls a hitter to sleep because his mechanics are smooth, not jerky. You time a pitcher on his windup, and so when he does it nice and slow, the batter goes nice and slow, and then the ball is suddenly there.
---
On Yankees closer Mariano Rivera
Alan Stuart Trammel
Detroit Tigers Hitting Coach
===
.
Get really fat.
---
After his release by the Yankees, on what he planned to do next
---
Thomas Alan "Tom" Pagnozzi
New York Yankees Catcher
===
.
I was with the Yankees the spring (Mike) Kekich and (Fritz) Peterson switched wives.
---
With his team having dealt with John Rocker's suspension, John Smoltz's season-ending injury, and Andres Galarraga's return from cancer, on whether he has ever had so tumultuous a spring
Robert Joseph "Bobby" Cox
Atlanta Braves Manager
Contributed by: Lee Gibbs
===
.
Editor's note:

Because of image above, 4 quotes are listed for Yankees instead of 5.

=============

No comments: