SPECIAL EDITORIAL NOTE FROM SPORTS_NUT, 2/26/2011
.
Welcome to the retirement edition of Funny Sports Quotes.
.
The Funny Sports Quotes blog was created in 11/2007 after I could see I could become a blogger very easily using Google's 3-step process for creating a blog online.
.
For me, like most, work is not my idea of a fun experience, so I had to choose the topic that I would most enjoy pursuing and that, for me, was finding and posting funny sports quotes for entertaining and, in some cases, educating an audience on facets of sports even the most ardent sports fans may not have been aware of.
.
At the same time, I decided to compile a database of funny sports quotes that sports fans and quote fans could visit for "one-stop" shopping, thereby helping them to avoid the need to search elsewhere for sports quotes.
.
So, from 11/2007 until 2/2011. I have compiled quotes on the Funny Sports Quotes blog and its sister blog, FSQuotes, that is accessible only from the Funny Sports Quotes blog.
.
As of 2/26/2011, I believe I have achieved my objective first set in 11/2007, which signals for me the end of my funny sports quotes database project.
.
Kindly note that I have already made the last post (SI Swimsuit) to the blog, shut off further entries to Comments, and I will shut off the email address sports.quotes@gmail.com on 03/14/2011.
.
Also note that many features previously cited on this page have been removed, so that a bare-bones FSQ remains for your future reference.
.
I do hope that my venture was successful in bringing a smile to your face or a skip to your step, since that was all FSQ was created for, your entertainment and pleasure.
.
In closing, I wish you and yours, Godspeed!
.
=====================

Monday, December 20, 2010

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES \ Source: See body of message


Image: 3.bp.blogspot.com
.
SOCCER QUOTES
.
Jose Mourinho quotes:
.
On former managerial rival Sir Alex Ferguson...
.
“Maybe when I am 60 and have been managing in the same league for 20 years, and have the respect of everybody, I will have the power to speak to people and make them tremble a little bit.”

(Sir Alex on Mourinho. “Forget the mind games. I like him. I think he sees himself as the young gunslinger who has come into town to challenge the sheriff who has been around a while.”)
.
Mourinho on taking over at Inter Milan...
.
“I studied Italian for five hours a day for many months to ensure I could communicate with the players, media and fans. Ranieri had been in England for five years and he still struggled to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good afternoon’."
.
---
.
"Pressure, what pressure? For me, pressure is bird flu – I’m feeling the pressure with the problem in Scotland. It is not fun and I’m more scared of it than football."
.
As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left it front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend."
.
"Why drive an Aston Martin all the time when I have a Ferrari and a Porsche as well."
.
"If I wanted to be protected in a quiet job, I could have stayed at Porto. I would have been second, after God, in the eyes of the fans, even if I never won another thing."
.
Source: givemefootball.com
.
-----
.
Bonus entry: More Soccer Quotes
.
"Football is a grand game for developing a lad physically and also morally, for he learns to play with good temper and unselfishness, to play in his place, and to play the game, and these are the best of training for any game of life."
- Robert Baden Powell
.
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought."
- Dennis Bergkamp
.
"Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God's. The sixth day is for football."
- Anthony Burgess
.
"Winning isn't everything. There should be no conceit in victory and no despair in defeat."
- Matt Busby
.
"If God had meant football to be played in the air he would have put grass in the sky."
- Brian Clough
.
"Football is a game you play with your brain."
- Johan Cruyff
.
"Beyond the touchline there is nothing."
- Jacques Derrida
.
"It's a conflict of parallels."
- Sir Alex Ferguson
.
"Football is an art."
- Germaine Greer
.
"The point about football in Britain is that it is not just a sport people take to, like cricket or tennis. It is built into the urban psyche, as much a common experience to our children as are uncles and school. It is not a phenomenon: it is an everyday matter."
- Arthur Hopcraft
.
"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women. Suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring."
- Nick Hornby
.
"Football is a game of tomorrows."
- Geoff Hurst
.
"To be a footballer means being a privileged interpreter of the feelings and dreams of thousands of people."
-Cesar Luis Menotti
.
"Football is a grey game played by grey people on grey days."
- Rodney Marsh
.
"If you never concede a goal, you're going to win more games than you lose."
- Bobby Moore
.
"Football, a game in which everyone gets hurt and every nation has its own style of play which seems unfair to foreigners."
- George Orwell
.
"It's not about the long ball or the short ball, it's about the right ball."
- Bob Paisley
.
"Football is the last sacred ritual of our time."
- Pier Paolo Pasoloni
.
"Football is like a religion to me. I worship the ball, and I treat it like a god. Too many players think of a football as something to kick. They should be taught to caress it and to treat it like a precious gem."
- Pele
.
"Amongst all unimportant subjects, football is by far the most important."
- Pope John Paul II
.
"To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink."
- JB Priestley
.
"In a world haunted by the hydrogen and napalm bomb, the football field is a place where sanity and hope are still left unmolested."
- Stanley Rous
.
"In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."
- Jean-Paul Sartre

"In football you sometimes have beauty and cruelty together."
- Peter Schmeichel
.
"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."
- Bill Shankly
.
"Footballers can be like artists when the mind and body are working as one. It is what Miles Davis does when he plays free jazz - everything pulls together into one intense moment that is beautiful."
- Lillian Thuram
.
"Rugby is a game for barbarians played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen played by barbarians."
- Oscar Wilde
.
Source: hereisthecity.com
.
-------
.
Bonus entry: Sports Music Video
.
Click here to view ===> FIFA WORLD CUP ANTHEM
.
Source: youtube.com
.
=================

No comments: